Class of 2017 - PF Marvin Bagley to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Marvin Bagley to Duke

Chalupa_24

Starter

Watch the film that's all I have to say.

2018 #1 recruit I know that means we probably won't offer cause we are scared of duke, Kentucky, zona, ucla, zona state. I don't care that he's in zona. He could be playing in Hawaii for all I care, there is just some kids that are to talented not to offer and at least try with

Ed Jr.'s kid, right

"Much of the credit for Bagley's development goes to his father, Marvin Jr., a 41-year-old former football player at North Carolina A&T who briefly played in the Arena Football League."

"Much of the credit for Bagley's development goes to his father, Marvin Jr., a 41-year-old former football player at North Carolina A&T who briefly played in the Arena Football League."
OMG, I was kidding. See Ed Begley, Jr. Wikipedia

SU hasn't been or isn't in this one, but Bagley is a lot of fun to watch...

I can see some comparables there, but I think Bagley is more impressive at this stage of his game.
Probably is. I saw Beasley when he was at ND Prep playing at Manley, the same night Triche and JD took on Flynn and Niagara Falls... Anyway, Beasley was a man amongst boys. Throwing it off the backboard like it was a 7 foot hoop in the driveway.

Probably is. I saw Beasley when he was at ND Prep playing at Manley, the same night Triche and JD took on Flynn and Niagara Falls... Anyway, Beasley was a man amongst boys. Throwing it off the backboard like it was a 7 foot hoop in the driveway.
I have watched Bagley play several times this year in person and on TV and he is really impressive, not even sure who to compare him to, but my best shot would be Sam Perkins with a handle. He is an impossible match-up for a traditional 4 or 5. City Rocks played his team in LA and beat them by 10 points. Coach of City Rocks, Jim Hart, tried something different on Bagley. They played box and 1 but instead of a big, they put their 6’4 point guard on him who is there best defensive player and it really threw Bagley off. Don’t get me wrong he still got his usual 20 points/15 rebounds but it changed the whole tempo of the game.

I can see some comparables there, but I think Bagley is more impressive at this stage of his game.
Should also point out, Beasley's stats for his one year at Kansas State are absurd, there's only been a couple of one-and-dones like him:

Beasley:
26.2 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 53%/38%/77%
Durant:
25.8 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 47%/40%/82%
Davis:
14.2 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 62%/15%/71% 4.7 bpg
Carmelo:
22.2 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 45%/34%/71%

Michael Beasley 2.0

That kid was an incredible high school player (and college as well). Would probably have been a perennial NBA all-star if he took care of his body.

Funny story - his senior year of high school I was at the Primetime shootout in Trenton, NJ checking out Johnny Flynn and I got to see Beasley play as well. As soon as his game started, this group of about 6 high school girls comes and sits down directly behind me and my wife. Beasley starts dominating the game, and the girls behind us start talking in EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DETAILS about their plans with him later that night... how they were going to sneak into his hotel, and ____, and ____, and ____, and ____, and ____ him. It honestly went on for the entire game. Most of their talk was speculating on the size of his... and various ways that could stimulate it.

Anyway, my wife was equal parts amused and horrified. I thought it was hilarious. To this day, I still wonder if they found his hotel room?

That kid was an incredible high school player (and college as well). Would probably have been a perennial NBA all-star if he took care of his body.

Funny story - his senior year of high school I was at the Primetime shootout in Trenton, NJ checking out Johnny Flynn and I got to see Beasley play as well. As soon as his game started, this group of about 6 high school girls comes and sits down directly behind me and my wife. Beasley starts dominating the game, and the girls behind us start talking in EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DETAILS about their plans with him later that night... how they were going to sneak into his hotel, and ____, and ____, and ____, and ____, and ____ him. It honestly went on for the entire game. Most of their talk was speculating on the size of his... and various ways that could stimulate it.

Anyway, my wife was equal parts amused and horrified. I thought it was hilarious. To this day, I still wonder if they found his hotel room?
I am embarrassed to say that I can only think of two words to fill those 5 spaces. Oh wait, just thought of another.

Ha. The showcase at Manley was awesome. The JD-NF game was one of the best HS games I've seen. Flynn went for 33 and Triche went for 32 and JD won by 1 or 2. It was cool to watch the next 6 years of SU point guards go head to head.

Ha. The showcase at Manley was awesome. The JD-NF game was one of the best HS games I've seen. Flynn went for 33 and Triche went for 32 and JD won by 1 or 2. It was cool to watch the next 6 years of SU point guards go head to head.

That was one of the best high school hoop games in the past 15 years in upstate NY. If I recall it was right before Triche blew out his knee. Most guys of those caliber are all going the prep route now.

That was one of the best high school hoop games in the past 15 years in upstate NY. If I recall it was right before Triche blew out his knee. Most guys of those caliber are all going the prep route now.
I remember Paul Harris (he was a freshman at SU) going to the game and sitting on the Niagara Falls bench. Then when NF came out for warmups, Flynn came out last, wearing bright orange sneakers and headband. Crowd went nuts.

Anyone remember the Niagara Falls vs East High at the War Memorial..I forgot the bigs that East High had but they were NASTY but paul harris and the other tall center from NF came in and put on a CLINIC...Paul Harris took off from a foot inside the free throw line...shut the place down

Anyone remember the bigs on East? This was about 12 years ago?

Should also point out, Beasley's stats for his one year at Kansas State are absurd, there's only been a couple of one-and-dones like him:

Beasley:
26.2 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 53%/38%/77%
Durant:
25.8 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 47%/40%/82%
Davis:
14.2 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 62%/15%/71% 4.7 bpg
Carmelo:
22.2 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 45%/34%/71%

Great layout of the stats. I got to see a lot of Beasley's season at K State and I don't think people realize how good he was in college. I didn't dare say in the board here, but I thought he was just as good as Melo. He certainly didn't have the team success that Melo led us to and the Big 12 wasn't as strong as the Big East.

Great layout of the stats. I got to see a lot of Beasley's season at K State and I don't think people realize how good he was in college. I didn't dare say in the board here, but I thought he was just as good as Melo. He certainly didn't have the team success that Melo led us to and the Big 12 wasn't as strong as the Big East.
Looking back at the 2008 draft, it was stacked.

1. Rose
  2. Beasley
  3. Mayo
  4. Westbrook
  5. Love
  6. Gallinari
  7. Gordon

hot rumor going around LA today is that Bagley is going to reclassify into 2017 and join USC's already stacked rotation. Might make the Trojans, not Arizona, the Pac 12 favorites. Huge coup for Jason Hart if it happens.

hot rumor going around LA today is that Bagley is going to reclassify into 2017 and join USC's already stacked rotation. Might make the Trojans, not Arizona, the Pac 12 favorites. Huge coup for Jason Hart if it happens.

I heard it is down to USC, Duke, or Zona. He could reclassify and be the number one pick next year ahead of Porter Jr. He is that good. Really enjoyed watching him in person.

Please reclassify Bailey. The Celtics will have a top pick next year this guy is a stud.

I hope he doesn't go to Duke for Jordan Tucker's sake.

Man against boys. Just another day in the office...
He is averaging about 25 and 15 in EYBL and Peach Jam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom