Maryland Game Thread... | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I see their 2019 class is ranked 47, we're 55 on 247's site. Average recruit score for them is 85.73, and we're 84.83. And just to put "caliber" in perspective, Alabama way up at #1 is 94.38, Clemson is #10 with 89.76. I would say Maryland is in our recruiting wheel house and pretty much the same caliber.
They got 3 - 4 stars, 15 - 3 stars. We got 20 - 3 stars. Come on now. This was a coaching clinic today, not an on-field personnel clinic. I am not bashing Babers, I like the guy. I just think today exposed a lot of "things".

Here we go again smh. Let me re-post.

Actually Maryland has MUCH better talent if you believe the recruiting sites or "your lying eyes" during todays embarrassing beat down

The running back Anthony McFarland was the #3 rb in 2017 4star #99 recruit in country. Here are the other 4 stars that destroyed us today 3 O-lineman and the rb
2017 18th ranked class
Rb McFarland 4 stars #99 overall
Deon Jones 4 stars #194 overall
OG Marcus Minor 4star #220 overall
Kasim Hill 4star #233
Jordan McNair 4star #287
Cam Spence 4star #328
Breyon Gaddy 4star #335

2018 28th best class
Jaelyn Duncan 4star #145
Austin Fontaine star #160
Darryl Jones 4star #333
Ken Montgomery 4star #359

And here is the signed class this year for kicks
2019 recruiting class 38
Nick Cross 4star #55 (borderline 5star on 24/7)
Isaiah Hazel 4star #224
Lawrence LeGendre 4stat #279

So if you look at in from the ratings perspective they are much better than our 3 classes under HCDB ranked 54, 51 and 55. But keep in mind this onky matters if you think stars matter... our watched Maryland's 4 stars destroying our 2 and 3 stars today. SMH. We have to step up our recruiting!!!!

Yea I see their 2019 class is ranked 47, we're 55 on 247's site. Average recruit score for them is 85.73, and we're 84.83. And just to put "caliber" in perspective, Alabama way up at #1 is 94.38, Clemson is #10 with 89.76. I would say Maryland is in our recruiting wheel house and pretty much the same caliber.
They got 3 - 4 stars, 15 - 3 stars. We got 20 - 3 stars. Come on now. This was a coaching clinic today, not an on-field personnel clinic. I am not bashing Babers, I like the guy. I just think today exposed a lot of "things".
You're looking at this year's recruiting class alone.

Look at the last 3-4 years of Maryland recruiting...and thats where the difference lies imo.

Maryland isn't Bama obviously but when you have a few top 25 classes you're bound to stack some talent.

You're looking at this year's recruiting class alone.

Look at the last 3-4 years of Maryland recruiting...and thats where the difference lies imo.

Maryland isn't Bama obviously but when you have a few top 25 classes you're bound to stack some talent.
Its crazy how people can say Maryland and Syracuse have the same talent. Even people on this site that dont believe in the "stars system" or recruiting sites watched the Maryland score 60 points and 600yds on us when they spent 4th quarter just running to run out the clock.

If Syracuse had those MD recruits to go with HCDB scheme we would be undefeated hosting ESPN gameday next Saturday. LET'S hope we can get a top 30 recruiting class someday soon.

Its crazy how people can say Maryland and Syracuse have the same talent. Even people on this site that dont believe in the "stars system" or recruiting sites watched the Maryland score 60 points and 600yds on us when they spent 4th quarter just running to run out the clock.

If Syracuse had those MD recruits to go with HCDB scheme we would be undefeated hosting ESPN gameday next Saturday. LET'S hope we can get a top 30 recruiting class someday soon.

I feel like we’ve had about 5 NFL picks the whole decade and haven’t had anybody good since...Chandler?

But Wikipedia has existed virtually your entire life.

There was a time where I used to argue that Cuse had the best player in the NFL at 4 different positions: McNabb, Harrison, Freeney, and Bulluck. Might not have actually been true, but they were all at least in the conversation at that time.

All that to say, Keith is in the top 5 Cuse players I’ve seen play in my lifetime, and definitely the best LB I’ve seen.

There was a time where I used to argue that Cuse had the best player in the NFL at 4 different positions: McNabb, Harrison, Freeney, and Bulluck. Might not have actually been true, but they were all at least in the conversation at that time.

All that to say, Keith is in the top 5 Cuse players I’ve seen play in my lifetime, and definitely the best LB I’ve seen.

I’m not sure if McNabb at his pinnacle in the early 2000s was close to the Brady/Peyton level but I admire you for making the argument. :)

I’m not sure if McNabb at his pinnacle in the early 2000s was close to the Brady/Peyton level but I admire you for making the argument. :)

Brady wasn’t “quite” Brady yet back then. I’m talking like 2002-2004-ish. He was good and effective and a winner, but he wasn’t really the consensus best yet.

Peyton was a stud numbers wise. I may have argued that Marvin made him and Donovan was carrying scrubs like Thrash and Pinkston...and the entire onion breathed Eagles fanbase.

What about the previous 3 years?

Is one teams oline opening insane holes and the other opening none on the game coaching?
I'm willing to bet the previous three years will show the same recruiting pattern. I thought you already knew how superior Maryland's recruits are to ours? Or were you just guessing?

Looks like our line coaches and those in charge of conditioning are not doing their jobs now does it? Our 6'5" 300 lb lineman suddenly can't match up with Maryland's? Our players were not prepared, and that's on the coaches, bottom line.

Here we go again smh. Let me re-post.

Actually Maryland has MUCH better talent if you believe the recruiting sites or "your lying eyes" during todays embarrassing beat down

The running back Anthony McFarland was the #3 rb in 2017 4star #99 recruit in country. Here are the other 4 stars that destroyed us today 3 O-lineman and the rb
2017 18th ranked class
Rb McFarland 4 stars #99 overall
Deon Jones 4 stars #194 overall
OG Marcus Minor 4star #220 overall
Kasim Hill 4star #233
Jordan McNair 4star #287
Cam Spence 4star #328
Breyon Gaddy 4star #335

2018 28th best class
Jaelyn Duncan 4star #145
Austin Fontaine star #160
Darryl Jones 4star #333
Ken Montgomery 4star #359

And here is the signed class this year for kicks
2019 recruiting class 38
Nick Cross 4star #55 (borderline 5star on 24/7)
Isaiah Hazel 4star #224
Lawrence LeGendre 4stat #279

So if you look at in from the ratings perspective they are much better than our 3 classes under HCDB ranked 54, 51 and 55. But keep in mind this onky matters if you think stars matter... our watched Maryland's 4 stars destroying our 2 and 3 stars today. SMH. We have to step up our recruiting!!!!
I stand corrected then. We suck talent wise I guess. Once Dino finds an out at a better institution he's gone.

Could have stretched it a little more to 5 with Darius at safety.

I'm willing to bet the previous three years will show the same recruiting pattern. I thought you already knew how superior Maryland's recruits are to ours? Or were you just guessing?

Looks like our line coaches and those in charge of conditioning are not doing their jobs now does it? Our 6'5" 300 lb lineman suddenly can't match up with Maryland's? Our players were not prepared, and that's on the coaches, bottom line.

So they’re all just big robots and the coaches control how good they play?

Nobody is just better than anybody?

I stand corrected then. We suck talent wise I guess. Once Dino finds an out at a better institution he's gone.
We dont suck talent wise. Dino's recruiting classes have been in the 50's. Its just time to recruit like UMD NCST NC WV etc. We have a good scheme offensively but our O-line is on a MAC level. Just look at the offers from Dino's O-Line recruits. Its always a bunch of Mac teams plus us and maybe one other P5 team. Then look at the offers for those O-lineman at UMD yesterday. We aren't that far off just need some GOOD P5 O-lineman recruits.... and go back to our hurry up offense scheme. Dont know what the heck we are doing on offense two weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom