Maryland: Durkin Fired | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland: Durkin Fired

well, they just are wimps, and not tough guys like Durkin and his buddies

Some of these guys need to quit watching Remember the Titans and Junction Boys. It's ridiculous. Grow up, it's football not national security. They are also college kids, I wonder what the NFL players union would say to some of these off season workouts that many of these dumb strength coaches are making kids do.

Not only do you not get paid you have to listen to these pinheads who think it's 1955. No thanks

Some of these guys need to quit watching Remember the Titans and Junction Boys. It's ridiculous. Grow up, it's football not national security. They are also college kids, I wonder what the NFL players union would say to some of these off season workouts that many of these dumb strength coaches are making kids do.

Not only do you not get paid you have to listen to these pinheads who think it's 1955. No thanks

:rolling:

With the technology readily available to NOT kill your players, I'd say that in any case, they should be held liable.

If a trainer is Naive enough to think he can prevent it? That's on him. The Koda Martin case, they did everything right, but he suffered a near death experience, because it's always too late. NCAA should adopt mandatory temp monitoring, when the wet bulb temp hits X degrees.

Any school that cries poor? Put a .00001% tax on all programs to pay for it. It's a pittance.

Wasn't the policies and procedures - they didn't follow them.
Policies and procedures are what to do when faced with a near death experience. The only reason to ever go there, is because you choose to live in the stone age. The technology exists to protect players. Not using it is 100%, your own fault.

With the technology readily available to NOT kill your players, I'd say that in any case, they should be held liable.

If a trainer is Naive enough to think he can prevent it? That's on him. The Koda Martin case, they did everything right, but he suffered a near death experience, because it's always too late. NCAA should adopt mandatory temp monitoring, when the wet bulb temp hits X degrees.

Any school that cries poor? Put a .00001% tax on all programs to pay for it. It's a pittance.

So well said...when a staff was as much a dictatorship and meathead operation as these guys going old school military on college kids using physical punishment and intimidation; its not out of the realm of possibility that the training staff was reluctant to act with their bosses watching. Who knows, the physical endurance of extreme dehydration and/or cardiovascular taxing may have been allowed to the point of no return physiologically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom