Matt Moyer transferring to GW.

OrangeDW

GIRARD STARTS. DAY ONE.
Remember when some experts around here said he was a one and done type player?

The recruiting hype on him, on Roberson being a good mid range shooter, etc. has ruined me from getting excited about incoming recruits until I see them play at this level.

*Except for Dior. He’s too highly rated and I need to cling to that excitement and hope to get me through these guaranteed double digit loss years.

jncuse

Living Legend
Again??

Very weird.

It might be one of those situations where he is doing it purely for academic reasons, and he is looking for the right institution for his post graduate studies.

We know that most kids do not do it for those reasons, which I am fine with as well, but I am sure there are a few grad transfers that also consider the academic impact.

RF2044

Living Legend
It might be one of those situations where he is doing it purely for academic reasons, and he is looking for the right institution for his post graduate studies.

We know that most kids do not do it for those reasons, which I am fine with as well, but I am sure there are a few grad transfers that also consider the academic impact.

Could certainly very well be.

I was thinking that there aren't many better schools that Vandy, but you're probably right about him looking to leverage his fifth year to get grad school paid for.

cuseguy

Living Legend
Since when do college athletes get seven years of eligibility? Sorry. Had to go there.

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
He's going to go down in level again. It's not for academics...You don't get much better than Vandy

Vanderbilt roster doesn't mention his major. When he was here he was a media broadcast journalism major- if he was in Newhouse here, you couldn’t do much better than at SU unless he changed majors.

jncuse

Living Legend
He's going to go down in level again. It's not for academics...You don't get much better than Vandy

Not every school offers the same post degree programs. Many people do their undergrad and post grad studies at two different schools.

SUOrangeSU

Starter
Working in Higher education...you dont want the same degree on multiple levels (like undergrad, masters and PhD in Marketing). It’s only helpful in reallllllly specific areas

Nicknack

All Conference
I wish him well, I really do. When most guys leave our program, I don't really care all that much. Whatever. However, he was such a die-hard cuse guy. He also showed a lot of promise. I think he could have been good here in some kind of role. That whole parent / coach debacle seemed to end things unless there was more to the story than I realize. He seemed like a great kid to suit up and represent the orange. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Top Bottom