Matt Moyer transferring to GW. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring to GW.

That applies to lots of walkons and end of bench guys as well though.

He’sa good kid with a bright future but mayhaps that future doesn’t include “major contributor on D1 team.”

I'm not saying he "deserves" to be a major contributor on a major D-1 team. No one deserves that, you have to be incredibly talented and work hard (most of the time).
I was agreeing with Tomcat saying he deserves a good athletic experience. That, at least to me, doesn't mean he's the star of the team. It means he's enjoying it where he is, likes his coaches/teammates and has a generally good experience with basketball.

BTW he’s a grad transfer which I believe is par for the course. Syracuse was the third stop for White, Gillon and Random McBadhair.

Ok that makes a lot more sense. The only thing I liked about Thorpe was his hair, actually.

Why? Because he tries hard and loves the game?

Isn't that enough? Kid plays hard and loves basketball, and from all things seems to be a smart, and respectable individual. Sure, he didn't turn out to be the player we all hoped for, but I don't understand with all the piling on. Rather pathetic to be honest.
[/QUOTE]
Doesn't mean he deserves to play.

Isn't that enough? Kid plays hard and loves basketball, and from all things seems to be a smart, and respectable individual. Sure, he didn't turn out to be the player we all hoped for, but I don't understand with all the piling on. Rather pathetic to be honest.
Doesn't mean he deserves to play.
[/QUOTE]

And I agree with you. I never said he deserves to play. I said he deserves a good athletic experience, and I think it will result in a decent amount of PT at GW.

The recruiting hype on him, on Roberson being a good mid range shooter, etc. has ruined me from getting excited about incoming recruits until I see them play at this level.

*Except for Dior. He’s too highly rated and I need to cling to that excitement and hope to get me through these guaranteed double digit loss years.

I gave up on recruiting hype after Paul Harris

Nba draft might be a bit of a reach

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-203506_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-203506_Instagram.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 391
It sure would be with that kind of attitude.

He averaged just shy of a double double on a really bad team but with having moved around so much I get it. Hope he can grow his game and find a league overseas and a nice career.

Maybe in 4-5 yrs he can get a look via the G league

It seems like many kids want to say later in their life that they entered the NBA draft (but went undrafted).

JMO, but he and his parents completely mismanaged his college career. Not quite Taurean Thompson level bad, but still bad.
They managed him into a degree from one of the top dozen schools in the country. He wasn't going to the NBA no matter what they did.

They managed him into a degree from one of the top dozen schools in the country. He wasn't going to the NBA no matter what they did.

Did I say anything about a degree?

Think Moyer going for 18 and 8 at MSG in a win over UCONN is one of our all time bizarre performances. Sidibe going for 18 and 16 against Pitt that same year also qualifies.
Gene Waldron dropping 40 pts in a game was also a head scratcher.

Think Moyer going for 18 and 8 at MSG in a win over UCONN is one of our all time bizarre performances. Sidibe going for 18 and 16 against Pitt that same year also qualifies.
If we won the game against Yukon in MSG that Jalen Carey had 26 and 7 boards on 14 FGA I would throw that in the mix, too. Somehow Moyer was a better A10 player than Jalen is projecting to be right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom