Matt Park | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

MadNY3

All American
I had the “pleasure” of having to listen to the radio version of the VCU game today on travels to Syracuse for the holiday.

I cannot believe any professional could be this bad at play-by-play. Between frequent inaccuracies (some self-admitted) and a lack of in-the-moment description, he’s terrible.

What’s his buyout situation?

I had the “pleasure” of having to listen to the radio version of the VCU game today on travels to Syracuse for the holiday.

I cannot believe any professional could be this bad at play-by-play. Between frequent inaccuracies (some self-admitted) and a lack of in-the-moment description, he’s terrible.

I sometimes watch the highlights with his play by play and you're 100% right. He hasn't figured out if he's the color man or the play by play guy and isn't really suited for either purpose.

He’s worse at football.

He’s got a good voice but he is terrible. On numerous occasions I’ve had to be in a vehicle and had to listen to him instead of watching the game. So many times it’s unrecognizable what he’s speaking about

He earns his pay during the weekly call in show. Can't wait until they start up again.

Online, I can catch the Syracuse games on radio for free via WAER. Which I believe is student broadcasters?

I assume Syracuse has another radio broadcast with non student broadcasters? Any way to catch that broadcast for free (online), not involving anything nefarious.

Online, I can catch the Syracuse games on radio for free via WAER. Which I believe is student broadcasters?

I assume Syracuse has another radio broadcast with non student broadcasters? Any way to catch that broadcast for free (online), not involving anything nefarious.
Stick with WAER. I used to listen to the professional crew using the Tune In app, but now that’s behind a pay wall. The WAER crew does a great job.

The cuse.com app.

Thankfully my road trip north ended just as UConn-Auburn was ending.

I’ve listened to way too many football minutes in the car this year and it’s really frustrating. I would turn to other games and listen, just to make sure I wasn’t crazy. And I wasn’t.

He’s not a radio pbp guy. And that’s ok. I’m not either. But we should find one.

Thankfully my road trip north ended just as UConn-Auburn was ending.

I’ve listened to way too many football minutes in the car this year and it’s really frustrating. I would turn to other games and listen, just to make sure I wasn’t crazy. And I wasn’t.

He’s not a radio pbp guy. And that’s ok. I’m not either. But we should find one.
Bring back Doug Logan

Park has been brutal in football AND basketball.
He must have "pictures" on some very high up people.

If I have to listen on the radio I've always gone with WAER. The students are better. Which is disappointing because I've liked Adam Terry the few times I've caught him. Do we keep Park because we're too lazy to hire someone when a good PBP guy gets hired away? With all of the annual Newhouse grads, I wouldn't care if it was someone new every couple years as long as they were good.

“But he is the least of our problems.”

Truer words may never have been spoken on this board (or its iterations) in 20 years.

44cuse

This thread is like the ones debating whether Carl Eilenberg was a good PA announcer a few years ago. If we're winning, who cares?

This thread is like the ones debating whether Carl Eilenberg was a good PA announcer a few years ago. If we're winning, who cares?

I’m putting my name in for the job if we start winning.

I can't listen to him. Where is Joel, with his "invisible ladder"? I listen to WAER on line

Stick with WAER. I used to listen to the professional crew using the Tune In app, but now that’s behind a pay wall. The WAER crew does a great job.
Learned the lesson one game too late!

That’s pretty funny actually. I remember that. Gotta love the mayor of Rome.

44cuse

Park has been brutal in football AND basketball.
He must have "pictures" on some very high up people.
Hey the mule who is in those pictures with Wildhack will do what it takes to keep Park’s mouth shut

I’ve been beating this drum for awhile.

He is very bad. But is a mouthpiece and doesn’t rock the boat.

Thought his DUI while on a business trip was a really bad look, too.

SU’s leadership just doesn’t care about this as much as fans. But when you listen to other broadcasts, it is clear as day how bad he is.

Westwood One thinks he's pretty good. He does NCAA tourney games when CUSE does not make the big dance and goes to the NIT.

Reactions: cto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom