Matt Rhule | Syracusefan.com

Matt Rhule

3rdRecon

Scout Team
Quite impressive job being done in Waco. Inherited a complete dumpster fire at Baylor in 2015. Will go to 7-0 today and moving again in the polls from #18. Had two 10 win seasons at Temple. Man knows how to build a program.

Sure do. It was meet with shock and disdain in that Conference- like no one else was willing to accept that job. Good for him.

And PJ Fleck is doing an even more impressive job IMO. PJ might annoy other teams fans but kids seem to love him.

Yes, great point. When have you ever seen Minnesota at this level of football in recent history. Also, in a much more challenging recruiting environment. Shows the right hire and facilities investment can mean everything to a struggling program.

Yes, I know a couple of NFL teams have already brought him in to speak with him during his first 1-2 years at Baylor. I know the Colts were one of the teams.

Speaking of PJ Fleck with the Gophers, I read that UM spent $166 million for campus construction of an Athletes Village; which opened last year.

still think they are overrated. Not a great win on the resume, IMO
Maybe true but I spend a lot of time in Minnesota and there is a buzz about that team that I have never seen before. Gopher football was basically an after thought. Now they are spending money upgrading facilities, brought in a players coach and the fans and recruits are tacking notice. I would trade with them right now. Diehards here are getting back to grob levels after the last few losses. Dino was brought here for one thing, to turn us around with an explosive offense. Remember the close your eyes speech or orange is the new fast. Does anything we do this year resemble that. Syracuse is the destiny usa of college football. Promise the world and deliver the basics.

No housing from what I understand. Has everything else under the sun. Leadership development center, Indoor practice facility, Academic excellence center, dedicated Nutrition center, S&C upgrade -which was already highly respected at UM, and of course new locker rooms.

Maybe true but I spend a lot of time in Minnesota and there is a buzz about that team that I have never seen before. Gopher football was basically an after thought. Now they are spending money upgrading facilities, brought in a players coach and the fans and recruits are tacking notice. I would trade with them right now. Diehards here are getting back to grob levels after the last few losses. Dino was brought here for one thing, to turn us around with an explosive offense. Remember the close your eyes speech or orange is the new fast. Does anything we do this year resemble that. Syracuse is the destiny usa of college football. Promise the world and deliver the basics.
Who is the AD there? Some Coyle guy?

No housing from what I understand. Has everything else under the sun. Leadership development center, Indoor practice facility, Academic excellence center, dedicated Nutrition center, S&C upgrade -which was already highly respected at UM, and of course new locker rooms.
I think this pretty much tells us what we are up against. I honestly believe Syracuse still believes in the the only horse in town theory and simply will not spend the kind of money that is needed. I hate to keep saying this but Im worried that we will never be that program we were in the 80s and 90s again.

I think we all expected that Dino and the Orange would be on a positive trajectory. The team currently taking the field does not operate really much faster than the bulk of power conference teams or as advertised. This speaks to a lack of capable personnel. This was not expected in year four. I really hope the long term aspirations for sustained success begins to show in recruiting. In my humble opinion it would seem very difficult to grow a program without a very high level of competition on the practice field; with freshman and sophomores constantly challenging juniors and seniors for playing time. I still appears we have depth problem at many positions.

I think we all expected that Dino and the Orange would be on a positive trajectory. The team currently taking the field does not operate really much faster than the bulk of power conference teams or as advertised. This speaks to a lack of capable personnel. This was not expected in year four. I really hope the long term aspirations for sustained success begins to show in recruiting. In my humble opinion it would seem very difficult to grow a program without a very high level of competition on the practice field; with freshman and sophomores constantly challenging juniors and seniors for playing time. I still appears we have depth problem at many positions.
Look no further then cordy. How have we not recruited over him by now. No offense to him at all. I get the talent has been brought in and he have injuries but by year 4 we should have a credible 2nd and third team

Yes, all respect to Cordy for enduring multiple injuries and having the conviction and perseverance to get himself back on the field. But, you are 100 percent correct In your observation. unfortunately we still have too many players who can compete well with the likes of Holy Cross and Western Michigan, but the ACC is a different story. It is overwhelmingly evident in the trenches in the current makeup of this team.

Quite impressive job being done in Waco. Inherited a complete dumpster fire at Baylor in 2015. Will go to 7-0 today and moving again in the polls from #18. Had two 10 win seasons at Temple. Man knows how to build a program.

And George DeLeone is doing a great job at OL/Running Game Coordinator.

If not for Peyton Manning he would be the head coach of the Jets. He will be in the NFL next year for sure.

What’s funny about Fleck and Minny is that stuff is primarily made of Schiano/Flood castoffs that the RUTGERS guys were glad to have dropped off at the airport

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom