Matthew Moyer | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Francis03

All American
Forward from Ohio that is currently seeing his stock rise this summer. JB and Red were checking him out this week.
Cameos from our coaches were seen a few times. JB was like th_shaqoohhh.png

Kid looks awesome. Seems like he would be a tough get out of Ohio territory but he has the whole package. How tall is he? He gets way above the rim but has a great handle and can shoot too. Low release, but he has some much else would be great in orange.

Kid looks awesome. Seems like he would be a tough get out of Ohio territory but he has the whole package. How tall is he? He gets way above the rim but has a great handle and can shoot too. Low release, but he has some much else would be great in orange.
Currently 6'7, but is only 16 now and most likely will add a few inches and strength to his frame over the next few years before college. High academic kid as well with offers from Northwestern and Vandy. So you're not only getting a skilled big time athlete but somebody that will give you a boost in the APR as well, and that will be very important that fans can't forget about.

Currently 6'7, but is only 16 now and most likely will add a few inches and strength to his frame over the next few years before college. High academic kid as well with offers from Northwestern and Vandy. So you're not only getting a skilled big time athlete but somebody that will give you a boost in the APR as well, and that will be very important that fans can't forget about.

If he gets to be 6'8.5 to 6'9 he should get a lot of looks. His vertical already has him playing taller than he is. Long armed athletes and Cuse go together like peanut butter and jelly.

If he gets to be 6'8.5 to 6'9 he should get a lot of looks. His vertical already has him playing taller than he is. Long armed athletes and Cuse go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Long armed athletes and every elite school go together like PB & J though.

Moyer plans to visit SU next Wednesday. Staff is wasting no time I see.

Nice. I like him! Pretty smooth and explosive with good footwork around the rim. A couple of times he is running almost full speed, catches a pass, then stops on a dime immediately to fake, and proceeds to make a move to throw it down.

Would love to snag a top OH recruit from the likes of MSU, OSU, and Louisville.

Moyer plans to visit SU next Wednesday. Staff is wasting no time I see.

WOW the staff must be really high on this kid! I was from the video but they were actually watching so it says a lot that he is headed to Syracuse the next week when he is an Ohio kid.

On a side note:
I originally thought when we joined the ACC we would see more games like the Duke at the dome game. Two teams attacking right away and going up and down. I just figured stylistically we would start to look very exciting again and do so on some different markets than the old BE ones that we will always recruit well IMO. The season didn't end up that way for us or the ACC which was kind of a grinder but I still expect things to trend that way. Lville's inclusion should help the ACC plus they are experimenting with shorter shot clock in exhibitions so that indicates they are aware and want to speed things up to provide a more entertaining product. Joseph and a bunch of young legs should help SU with pace this year. The reason I did this side note was because I envisioned the ACC helping us to bring in more top notch run and gun long athletic forwards with ball skills already in place. One and two year kids that you just plug in, in place of the guy that was just drafted. This is just the type of kid I was thinking about. Its obvious he has impressed the staff but also that SU has impressed him because he agreed to travel quite a ways right away to come visit. It also brings up the question where does our recruiting expand to. We will do well in the North East and old school BE metro cities like DC, Balt, Bost, Philly and the greater NYC area IMO. It will always be our recruiting home base and if you want to play exciting ball in the ACC (the best east cost conference by far), you're from one of these major NE metro area's and you want your family to be able to go to a fair amount of games SU is always going to be one the top choices for that. Still UNC and DUKE are going to have a foothold in the Carolina's and SE for the foreseeable future. UK is going to have the pick of the litter till Cal turns tale and runs again. Lville is always going to be competition in the NE metro cities. Florida is tough to beat way down south ect. While we may snag a kid here and there from UNC, Duke, UK, Lville or Florida they like us have their area's or types of players they are very hard to beat out on. If the ACC can offer an alternative new exciting style and conference that becomes the place kids want to play then BIG10 country would be the most likely place that we may see a new pipeline. We have some Detroit roots. I know we will start to recruit certain players we have a chance with in the Carolina's, deep south and Midwest but I could see the Michigan/Ohio area becoming a place that the ACC starts to be really active in.

For whatever reason when I read that he is coming next Wednesday I told myself he's going to commit, why else would an Ohio kid who has two years left to play in highschool and is shooting up the rankings schedule a visit to SU the week after any of the staff ever really watched him. My gut tells me that he is our next commit, my brain says you are jonesing for college bball dummy.

If the ACC can offer an alternative new exciting style and conference that becomes the place kids want to play then BIG10 country would be the most likely place that we may see a new pipeline. We have some Detroit roots. I know we will start to recruit certain players we have a chance with in the Carolina's, deep south and Midwest but I could see the Michigan/Ohio area becoming a place that the ACC starts to be really active in.

Hopefully your gut feeling is right because I would LOVE to lock this kid up. Wow. Yeah, OH is NOT far from Syracuse. It isn't a hotbed of talent but the top OH players that come to mind in recent years are/were all very good players. Adrian Payne (Dayton), Daequan Cook (Dayton), Craft (Columbus), Burke (Columbus), and of course LeBron (Akron). There is currently a 5-star PF 2015 dude in Cleveland named Carlton Bragg who is undecided. Maybe, like you say, the ACC soon will be attractive to these types of guys.

If the ACC can offer an alternative new exciting style and conference that becomes the place kids want to play then BIG10 country would be the most likely place that we may see a new pipeline. We have some Detroit roots. I know we will start to recruit certain players we have a chance with in the Carolina's, deep south and Midwest but I could see the Michigan/Ohio area becoming a place that the ACC starts to be really active in.

Hopefully your gut feeling is right because I would LOVE to lock this kid up. Wow. Yeah, OH is NOT far from Syracuse. It isn't a hotbed of talent but the top OH players that come to mind in recent years are/were all very good players. Adrian Payne (Dayton), Daequan Cook (Dayton), Craft (Columbus), Burke (Columbus), and of course LeBron (Akron). There is currently a 5-star PF 2015 dude in Cleveland named Carlton Bragg who is undecided. Maybe, like you say, the ACC soon will be attractive to these types of guys.

It would make sense if the ACC can become a really attractive style and the BIG10 remains kind of a grinder for a while. Like how the BE was the big thing in the beginning because it was so different than the other conferences. That is my hope, its already the best big time EastCoast hoops conference by default because its now the only one that is legit BCS. I just want it to also be playing an attractive style that the kids will think is fresh compared to what the Big10, Big12 and SEC are doing.

WOW the staff must be really high on this kid! I was from the video but they were actually watching so it says a lot that he is headed to Syracuse the next week when he is an Ohio kid.

On a side note:
I originally thought when we joined the ACC we would see more games like the Duke at the dome game. Two teams attacking right away and going up and down. I just figured stylistically we would start to look very exciting again and do so on some different markets than the old BE ones that we will always recruit well IMO. The season didn't end up that way for us or the ACC which was kind of a grinder but I still expect things to trend that way. Lville's inclusion should help the ACC plus they are experimenting with shorter shot clock in exhibitions so that indicates they are aware and want to speed things up to provide a more entertaining product. Joseph and a bunch of young legs should help SU with pace this year. The reason I did this side note was because I envisioned the ACC helping us to bring in more top notch run and gun long athletic forwards with ball skills already in place. One and two year kids that you just plug in, in place of the guy that was just drafted. This is just the type of kid I was thinking about. Its obvious he has impressed the staff but also that SU has impressed him because he agreed to travel quite a ways right away to come visit. It also brings up the question where does our recruiting expand to. We will do well in the North East and old school BE metro cities like DC, Balt, Bost, Philly and the greater NYC area IMO. It will always be our recruiting home base and if you want to play exciting ball in the ACC (the best east cost conference by far), you're from one of these major NE metro area's and you want your family to be able to go to a fair amount of games SU is always going to be one the top choices for that. Still UNC and DUKE are going to have a foothold in the Carolina's and SE for the foreseeable future. UK is going to have the pick of the litter till Cal turns tale and runs again. Lville is always going to be competition in the NE metro cities. Florida is tough to beat way down south ect. While we may snag a kid here and there from UNC, Duke, UK, Lville or Florida they like us have their area's or types of players they are very hard to beat out on. If the ACC can offer an alternative new exciting style and conference that becomes the place kids want to play then BIG10 country would be the most likely place that we may see a new pipeline. We have some Detroit roots. I know we will start to recruit certain players we have a chance with in the Carolina's, deep south and Midwest but I could see the Michigan/Ohio area becoming a place that the ACC starts to be really active in.

For whatever reason when I read that he is coming next Wednesday I told myself he's going to commit, why else would an Ohio kid who has two years left to play in highschool and is shooting up the rankings schedule a visit to SU the week after any of the staff ever really watched him. My gut tells me that he is our next commit, my brain says you are jonesing for college bball dummy.
Great post Jordoo, I really enjoyed reading that and I've always been hopeful that the staff would start recruiting more outside of the northeast region eventually. From what I've gathered about Moyer so far, I would be surprised if he committed anywhere at this point. The offers are starting to roll in daily and he seems to be enjoying the moment and the recruiting process. He's a high academic kid as I mentioned above, so he'll probably do his due diligence and visit a bunch of schools first before making a decision. It's a good look for SU though to get in the picture early and throw their hat into this race.

Pardon me if this was said above, but I didn't have the energy to read all the posts, but this is a Columbus, OH kid, with both parents as OSU grads. Gonna be a very hard pull for anyone but the buckeyes...

Pardon me if this was said above, but I didn't have the energy to read all the posts, but this is a Columbus, OH kid, with both parents as OSU grads. Gonna be a very hard pull for anyone but the buckeyes...
That could be true, but at the moment he doesn't have an offer from Ohio St and who knows how interested they are in him. You would think that they would be all over a kid from their backyard already.

I find it funny that our boy Jerry has already picked SU for him on his crystal ball prediction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom