Maybe it's a conspiracy... | Syracusefan.com

Maybe it's a conspiracy...

cto

Administrator
Delta cancelled my four-hour morning flight to Omaha tomorrow and put me on an afternoon flight with plane changes in Columbus and Atlanta before reaching Omaha close to midnight, 10 hours later. I don't know why they could not have flown me directly to Atlanta (they have dozens of flights there from NYC every day).

Anyhow, my choice was take it or leave it ... because there was no way to argue with them about it (there is a three-hour wait to talk with them on the phone).

Every time I've tried to fly out of NYC this month for a Syracuse game (the Clemson game, the games in Detroit and now Omaha), my flight has been cancelled because it coincided with one of the four March nor'easters. The only storm that did not cancel my flight was the one two weeks ago ... when I drove to Brooklyn in a nor'easter for the ACC tourney.

Truly weird. Four nor'easters in March, and every one was timed to disrupt my attending an SU game. I guess the Weather Gods and Delta just didn't want me to attend any SU games this month.

Last edited:
You should have flown private.

Delta cancelled my five-hour morning flight to Omaha tomorrow and put me on an afternoon flight with plane changes in Columbus and Atlanta before reaching Omaha close to midnight, 10 hours later. I don't know why they could not have flown me directly to Atlanta (they have dozens of flights there from NYC every day).

Anyhow, my choice was take it or leave it ... because there was no way to argue with them about it (there is a three-hour wait to talk with them on the phone).

Every time I've tried to fly out of NYC this winter for a Syracuse game (the Clemson game, the games in Detroit and now Omaha), my flight has been cancelled because it coincided with one of the storms. The only storm that did not cancel my flight was the one two weeks ago ... when I drove to Brooklyn in a nor'easter for the ACC tourney.

Truly weird. Four nor'easters in March, and every one was timed to disrupt my attending an SU game. I guess the Weather Gods and Delta just didn't want me to attend any SU games this month.

Reason #98,732 why we need to live closer to eachother. I'd be driving us towards Omaha as we speak. You'd be sipping smoothies through a straw. Too easy lol

Delta cancelled my five-hour morning flight to Omaha tomorrow and put me on an afternoon flight with plane changes in Columbus and Atlanta before reaching Omaha close to midnight, 10 hours later. I don't know why they could not have flown me directly to Atlanta (they have dozens of flights there from NYC every day).

Every time I've tried to fly out of NYC this winter for a Syracuse game (the Clemson game, the games in Detroit and now Omaha), my flight has been cancelled because it coincided with one of the storms. The only storm that did not cancel my flight was the one two weeks ago ... when I drove to Brooklyn in a nor'easter for the ACC tourney.

Hey, maybe your flight troubles are a good sign for SU!! Good things happened at Clemson and in Detroit.

They only cancel your flights when we win.;)

Joyce, you have been a scroot! (Past pluperfect subjunctive of a certain word.) Please get there safely and send us a couple behind the scenes adventures your famous for! God speed. Hope you have a good book or five.

Delta cancelled my four-hour morning flight to Omaha tomorrow and put me on an afternoon flight with plane changes in Columbus and Atlanta before reaching Omaha close to midnight, 10 hours later. I don't know why they could not have flown me directly to Atlanta (they have dozens of flights there from NYC every day).

Every time I've tried to fly out of NYC this month for a Syracuse game (the Clemson game, the games in Detroit and now Omaha), my flight has been cancelled because it coincided with one of the four March nor'easters. The only storm that did not cancel my flight was the one two weeks ago ... when I drove to Brooklyn in a nor'easter for the ACC tourney.

Thoughts and prayers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom