maybe it's because I'm older and more mellow | Syracusefan.com

maybe it's because I'm older and more mellow

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
but I'm not even mad. I'm just numb to the mediocrity outside of March the last few years. Ranting and raving won't change anything. It appears this team will have the same issues all year. It's the same old situation

but I'm not even mad. I'm just numb to the mediocrity outside of March the last few years. Ranting and raving won't change anything. It appears this team will have the same issues all year. It's the same old situation

Agree. I don’t get all that worked up anymore. At the end of the ODU game, I laughed (seriously). Barely phased me.

It’s just what we are now.

It’s so true, a few years ago I would be irate now it’s just kind of par for the course. At least we have football.

I got kinda excited in the Georgetown game. That’s about it.

Bad basketball that’s friggin boring. Ho hum.

I got kinda excited in the Georgetown game. That’s about it.

Bad basketball that’s friggin boring. Ho hum.

Bingo. We play slow, boring, ugly basketball. And we have for several years now.

The tourney runs were great. The regular seasons have been a slog.

Me too. This team isn't going anywhere. It such boring basketball. I barely watched the second half. Was thinking about going to the Wake game. Might skip it.

Yup, I’m older and more mellow. Just enjoy the Ws and shrug off the Ls.

Also, coming into the season I was hoping for improvement, but in the back of my mind, I knew mediocrity was a distinct possibility considering the HC recently spent 12-18 months sabotaging the program to drive the HCIW to another job across the continent.

I'm the exact opposite. The in season mediocrity is what I can't take.

44cuse

Not just boring. The lack of toughness p*sses me off.

It was apparent when UConn basically stole our lunch money, and it was apparent again tonight.

Buffalo was both mentally and physically tougher, period.

Well, I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation, but...

ba5a4047-4cbd-43f3-ba7a-87c62e66f65a_screenshot.jpg

Agreed... I'm happy to follow a good team, but I have enough stuff in my life that I'm not going to make the effort to follow a mediocre to bad team that is boring to watch. My main concern is how low do we go and will it take 15 years to get back out of the wilderness like the football team?

Picking JB over Hopkins is looking more and more like a historic era defining mistake.

I don't think anyone is mad at this point. This didn't happen overnight. The only debate at this point is whether the administration or JB - or both - will make some changes. The next hire will unfortunately become more critical because of the program's trajectory. Can't afford a Gerg hire.

The winter is going to seem a lot longer without a good hoops team. Looking forward to the NIT just doesn't make it.

Amen!!!

probably has more to with getting used to it over the last 5 years than getting old. We are what we are. Truth hurts

I don't think anyone is mad at this point. This didn't happen overnight. The only debate at this point is whether the administration or JB - or both - will make some changes. The next hire will unfortunately become more critical because of the program's trajectory. Can't afford a Gerg hire.

Imagine we don't even get to worry about that for another 3 years.

Numb is a good word. It's just what we are used to, knowing what may well happen near the end.

It's games like the Gtown comeback and the 1st and early 2nd halves of this game where the players were more aggressive, played faster, and made shots is what makes late game blunders and passivity so aggravating and knee-jerk reactionary for many, while the rest of us just say same ole same ole.

Oh well, this game is done. Hope springs eternal for the next game and rest of the season. Go Cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom