maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here | Syracusefan.com

maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here

orangehomer

All American
he was the lead recruiter and head coach in waiting. we blew that up over buddy. we could have multiple 5 stars on this roster right now but instead we have buddy and girard.

please give me the current roster if Hop had the top job

I think hop was the clear choice and he should have been. He is a great coach and exceptional recruiter not too mention a frigging Su homer who loved this school with all his heart. U could see it. Would we be in a better spot now with hop, there is no doubt at all.

I think hop was the clear choice and he should have been. He is a great coach and exceptional recruiter not too mention a frigging Su homer who loved this school with all his heart. U could see it. Would we be in a better spot now with hop, there is no doubt at all.

Agree we certainly wouldn't be any worse, oh well here we are floating into mediocrity

The “no one wanted Hopkins in December 2016” sentiment is greatly, greatly exaggerated.

when you say “no one”, you are correct.

The “no one wanted Hopkins in December 2016” sentiment is greatly, greatly exaggerated.

I believe the next part goes "a paved paradise, and put up a parking lot." Well Hop seems to have found his coaching paradise out west.
I think it goes "they paved paradise and gave JB an extension"

*Reads first page*

OK well didn’t take long to make me look like a jacka$$ so I think I’m done.

Three guess who said this...

“I don't know how much of this free fall is from coaching or from being sanctioned. either way, it is disconcerting, because as much as we like to make fun of opposing fanbases and etc., the dome could become a tomb very quickly if Hopkins isn't good. or if JB just completely crashes the ship on his way out. which he seems to be trying to do“

I bumped it and can say I am proud I didn’t say anything I have to walk back when I do that plenty of other times.

*Reads first page*

OK well didn’t take long to make me look like a jacka$$ so I think I’m done.

You're not alone in that club. You can be our president if you want though.

That was one of many threads. A lot of people did not want him to be the next head coach. People also had many different reasons.

He had no head coaching experience. The 4-5 record. Need to clean house. We’re a program that can get a top notch HC and should not settle. Or just because. And then there were the negatoids who complain about anything and everything.

Now it’s why did we ever let him go.

The PAC 12 is NOT the ACC, I personally had a concern regarding Hops coaching ability, not is recruiting ability. I am very happy for and proud of Mike and if he wants the job when JB completes is 50 years as HC he should be the first person called.

Three guess who said this...

“I don't know how much of this free fall is from coaching or from being sanctioned. either way, it is disconcerting, because as much as we like to make fun of opposing fanbases and etc., the dome could become a tomb very quickly if Hopkins isn't good. or if JB just completely crashes the ship on his way out. which he seems to be trying to do“

FrancoPizza ?

The PAC 12 is NOT the ACC, I personally had a concern regarding Hops coaching ability, not is recruiting ability. I am very happy for and proud of Mike and if he wants the job when JB completes is 50 years as HC he should be the first person called.

The Pac 12 isn't the ACC, but his recruiting blows ours out of the water, and blows most teams out of the water.

My thoughts on Hop are probably in the top 5 most wrong I've ever been about anything in my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom