Maybe the old man can still coach? | Syracusefan.com

Maybe the old man can still coach?

OrangeFoo

All American
- This team reminds me of the classic Syracuse teams that got up and down the court. They aren’t there yet, but they are more explosive than the Battle/Howard era teams.

- The offense looked miles better... love the player movement we saw

- If you use stats to compare Girard and Carey you are missing the big picture. Girard’s mere presence on the court creates space for everyone else. Girard also has the vision of a point and makes some great passes. Girard does need to stop pressing thoCarey at this point in his career neither creates space nor has great vision.

- Guerrier needs something good to happen for him on the court. He oozes talent but can’t put it together. Maybe he can use garbage time from tonight as a stepping stone.

- Love the defensive adjustment in the second half to not have the guards dig on inside players as much. We were doing it much more in the first and the perimeter guys couldn’t recover quickly enough leading to a lot of open threes.

- The lack of quickness between Buddy and Girard on worries me a bit

- Love the fact that Edwards was first option off the bench for Sidibe and not Marek. Hope we stick with it as it makes the team that much tougher.

- I need to eat crow on Sidibe... didn’t think he had this in him. Let’s hope he can be consistent with it.

- What the heck was Hughes doing in the game for so long? He turns an ankle and our entire season outlook changes.

- Goodine needs to go all the way to the hoop instead of pulling up all the time. Kid is a shooter and a great athlete... he, like Guerrier, needs some confidence.

This team is full of exciting young talent. The staff has put together a group of guys who are going to put the Orange back into fashion. And the old coach is going to go out in style.

Yes a Colgate team that just came off an NCAA appearance, a colgate team that played well against Clemson, a colgate team that is a favorite in their league, and a colgate team who was considered for a potential upset last night.
Loved watching Colgate late last year, I went to the patriot league championship down there, good atmosphere. Almost pulled off the upset in the tourney. We beat that team by 20 points too.

Right now, we know we would be top dogs in the patriot league at least. Based on previous results, sidibe won't be able to continue this performance. Which will hinder our offense against better competition. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If only Sidibe and Marek could stay aggressive vs p5 teams. I have hope here.

As bad as Virginia game was the last 30 minutes of this game were optimistic and good.
I don’t think the offense will look good against equal talent/athletes if they give effort but nevertheless we aren’t as bad as we looked against Virginia.

I think we struggle against any team that pressures our guards. Teams that defend like Colgate where we can run sets and get looks - we will be a handful.

Sid needs to add strength to play like this against ACC level competition. I loved what I saw last night from him though. Great stuff and he was key to us staying in the game in the first half

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom