McCullough officially coming back | Syracusefan.com

McCullough officially coming back

Kinda stinks he is going to have that late of a return to game action. Will have a short warmup before ACC play.

Not unexpected, but good news.

Downside is he'll have been out of basketball about a whole year before he plays again.

Not much opportunity to work on his game.

By the way - awesome news that he is returning though. We've learned not to take any of these for granted (no pun intended).

He won't play in a game until December? I would have thought that his recovery would have had him back at 100% by the early fall.

Downside is he'll have been out of basketball about a whole year before he plays again.

You really are very negative.

He's a first-round talent who played half the year this year and showed glimpses that he could do some things.

There's no downside about it at all.

But the silver lining we can look at is that he'll have TONS of time to work on his upper body strength, which is, excuse the pun, his greatest weakness.

He won't play in a game until December? I would have thought that his recovery would have had him back at 100% by the early fall.

He was injured about a month later than Devo was in 2008 (Devo was 12/15/07, CMac was 1/11/15)

I'm guessing he's approx 6 weeks behind Devo's timetable.

He was injured about a month later than Devo was in 2008.

So estimated return.....?

Edit, oh i read it, December games hopefully

if he works on his body, his game will be fine

He was injured about a month later than Devo was in 2008.

He also had the surgery a full month after the injury...

SUFan44 said:
You really are very negative. He's a first-round talent who played half the year this year and showed glimpses that he could do some things. There's no downside about it at all.

Here we go again.

How would feel if BJ or Joseph or Buss wasn't able to play basketball now until next October?

Would you feel good about their development leading into next season?

Let's not make it seem like McCullough was a finished product.

So estimated return...?

No way to estimate. I don't know how both injuries compare. I do know there was a bit of a delay in CMac's operation. Devo's was quicker.

CMac will be a player next season, just maybe not 100% in November.

No way to estimate. I don't know how both injuries compare. I do know there was a bit of a delay in CMac's operation. Devo's was quicker.

CMac will be a player next season, just maybe not 100% in November.
He talks about it in the syracuse.com link but just conjecture

Here we go again.

How would feel if BJ or Joseph or Buss wasn't able to play basketball now until next October?

Would you feel good about their development leading into next season?

Let's not make it seem like McCullough was a finished product.

Here we go again? Not once have I ever commented on anything you have written - but I have seen next to zero positivity.

Can't we look at the bright side?

McCullough isn't a finished product, but his problem had nothing to do with skill level.

90% of the issue was strength and he can still lift weights.

Plus, just because he won't be ready to go full until Dec. 1 doesn't mean he won't have picked up a basketball between now and then.

What's this? I took this opportunity to write something up about it? You don't say!

http://.com/chris-mccullough-to-return-for-sophomore-season/
Jekelish, I'm impressed by the quantity of writing you're doing.

SUFan44 said:
Here we go again? Not once have I ever commented on anything you have written - but I have seen next to zero positivity. Can't we look at the bright side? McCullough isn't a finished product, but his problem had nothing to do with skill level. 90% of the issue was strength and he can still lift weights. Plus, just because he won't be ready to go full until Dec. 1 doesn't mean he won't have picked up a basketball between now and then.

It's great he's returning. He needed to return.

But there's a lot of things he needs to work on to become the player we envisioned.

The injury was a big setback for him.

Here's hoping he makes a strong recovery and lives up to his potential.

at the risk of posting this in the wrong forum...
wouldn't this be a fairly good indication that there is no postseason ban for next year? I mean, wouldn't CM want to be sure of that before he commits to coming back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom