McDonald | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

anomander

Living Legend
Wow so things just got really weird. After Shafer and Lester saying how much of a team player George was, McDonald drops that comment to Bailey.

"I was blindsided by the demotion. I would have stayed at Arkansas if I knew this would happe."

Just wow. We are almost better off cutting bait right now. That's a terrible thing to say when you have kids you have recruited to the program, and kids you are in contact with. I really hope Shafer takes over South Florida for him because George is obviously gone at the end of the year.

With that said McDonald may be the most overrated "Great" recruiter ever. Sure he may have been solid at other schools, but who has he brought to Syracuse that we normally wouldn't get? imo not one kid. People will say Ishmael, but Ish took officials visits to Illinois, Louisville, and another ho-hum place I can't recall. If you want to be labeled a great recruiter you better actually bring in kids we wouldn't normally get. The kids he has committed for this year don't even have any other offers. He may have been just as big of a bust on the recruiting trail then he has as an OC. And after that comment he can hit the road right now for all I care because he is leaving eventually.

It's one thing to fail on the field for whatever reason. But the handling of this type of issue - in the public eye - to me is completely inexcusable. Shows we don't have our ish together from a organizational stand point - not just the football program, but the athletic department and University. Shame on everyone for how this seems to be playing out.

Pretty sure this is only going to get worse before it gets better via a cleaning of the house.

Sigh.

McDonald touted himself as a great recruiter, Shafer bought into it and tried to keep him happy by making him the offensive coordinator.

But Shafer had seen enough.

say what he wants but is any other p5 school going to give him an OC job after these results? and you have to wonder after the other comments why he would say this stuff. he really needed to work his butt off and recruit well and hope he got a shot someplace after the season. what can he hang his hat on? no points, no yards, no qb production

if lester does well, great for us. if lester fails too then we have to commit to a big time OC up and commer from someplace down where they run these new style offenses. they should take a look at the East Car guy if it comes to that.

we likely lose 2-3 coaches if we finish horribly.

It's one thing to fail on the field for whatever reason. But the handling of this type of issue - in the public eye - to me is completely inexcusable. Shows we don't have our ish together from a organizational stand point - not just the football program, but the athletic department and University. Shame on everyone for how this seems to be playing out.

Pretty sure this is only going to get worse before it gets better via a cleaning of the house.

Sigh.

This has been a debacle since Friday night. Shafer didn't handle this the way SUAD would have preferred him to, but this by McDonald is totally unacceptable, and immature.

Can you say mess? I'm sorry but this is on the head coach. He hires all his friends and not neccesarily the best people. Then when they are not good enough, he demotes them and feelings are hurt not only from a professional stand point but personally. Hard to see this not dividing the locker room and coaching staff.

Said from the beginning I wasn't sure if Shafer was a head coach, so far results have been mixed. Go to salvage this season somehow and that means getting back to power run.

Can you say mess? I'm sorry but this is on the head coach. He hires all his friends and not neccesarily the best people. Then when they are not good enough, he demotes them and feelings are hurt not only from a professional stand point but personally. Hard to see this not dividing the locker room and coaching staff.

Said from the beginning I wasn't sure if Shafer was a head coach, so far results have been mixed. Go to salvage this season somehow and that means getting back to power run.
It's not on Shafer that his friend is this sensitive and unprofessional. He couldn't have known he would react so poorly and in such a juvenile fashion.

images

Apparently he is not such a team player. As far as future employment is concerned, how would anyone hire this guy knowing what they might get as far as being outspoken to the public.

As a prospective employer, I wouldn't even sniff this guy knowing what I might get.

This guy really doesn't get it. That was pretty obvious with his interview last week with syracuse.com and his use of totally inappropriate language. That alone was enough for the AD and chancellor to fire him. I say cut your losses and get rid of him now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom