McDonald | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

This is good information and I appreciate your research.

If McDonald recruited kids who were fully qualified, I would agree with your assessment. However, a disturbing number of them didn't. I think it is a lot easier to sign highly regarded kids when their transcript is a mess and their chances of qualifying are low. The smart recruiters don't waste their time on the kids who are not going to make it.

Man, a guy makes a post trying to see some sort of light at the end of a tunnel during a rough coaching regime and it gets brought up 4 years later! :)

Rereading this thread is actually twice as bad as living and reading it the first time. Good God we were dysfunctional. At least now we have some perspective to cast an even brighter light on how bad of a shite storm that actually was. Makes me even more appreciative of how tight a ship Dino runs.

After Schafer and his staff were introduced, both coordinators spoke to the media. I remember some on here stating how impressed they were with McDonald and even predicted he'd be a HC shortly.

I took away the exact opposite impression...IMO, much like his calling plays he was in waaaay over his head at the presser. How prophetic.

McDonald is a very, very good South Florida recruiter, regardless of our current disappointment with his comments and attitude. If you think we are pulling in 4 or 5 star guys from Florida consistently, you would be mistaken. He is very good good at getting us the next their like Ish, Estime, Enoicy, Avant, Cordy, Edouard, etc.

Prior to that the last two classes brought us Whigham, Desir, and Vigilie.

Looking back looks like the group of Whigham, Desir, and Vigilie weren't that much worse than McDonald's recruits. Outside of Ish they were just a bunch of recruits that anybody we've had recruit S. Florida bring in. Now Swag Daddy. He blows GMac out of the water.

Looking back looks like the group of Whigham, Desir, and Vigilie weren't that much worse than McDonald's recruits. Outside of Ish they were just a bunch of recruits that anybody we've had recruit S. Florida bring in. Now Swag Daddy. He blows GMac out of the water.

so your saying that Gmac is overrated

gmac-overratedjpg-a3cf314b2b38644c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom