MCW to Houston

Eric15

Living Legend
I hope MCW can turn his career around and overcome his shoulder injury. His rookie season was probably the best NBA season by a former non-Melo SU player in the past 15-20 years, but his scoring average has decreased every single year over the past 6 seasons.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Not an ideal situation with the way the Rockets stagger minutes as he'll almost never be able to get on the court without a dominant ball handler next to him. Whatever though, Keep getting those checks for as long as possible.

This IMHO is an odd signing for Houston. No team in the league values shooting and he can't. Ennis would have made more sense if they were just filling a roster spot.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
This IMHO is an odd signing for Houston. No team in the league values shooting and he can't. Ennis would have made more sense if they were just filling a roster spot.
I think it's more defense oriented because he can switch across 4 positions.

I think it's more defense oriented because he can switch across 4 positions.
I agree but the little bit I have watched him the last few years - he can switch, but he can't stay with people. He's odd - there are moments where you say "now that is MCW" but there are many moments when you say "MCW - What"

He looked like he would have been able to stick after his rookie season. Four teams later and he's taking a one-year minimum deal. He's been hurt a lot, but not having a jump shot has done more damage than any injury.

Alsacs

Warning: My opinion isn’t to be taken as fact
Ideal fit for Houston they get taller guard next to Harden when Paul sits and won’t take shots and on D will play the guy that Harden oles against.
You can play one nonshooter when you have Harden/Gordon types on the floor.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
It's a one year vet minimum deal. Worst case scenario he's on the end of the bench consuming the smallest amount of cap space. Best case he outperforms his deal and is a big time steal.

UnknownOrange

All Conference
I feel like if MCW could figure out a way to use his body and slow the game down, similar to Shaun Livingston, he could be an effective player and find a role with any team.
He'd have to learn how to shoot if he wants to be Shaun Livingston

Top Bottom