MCW to Houston | Syracusefan.com

MCW to Houston

I hope MCW can turn his career around and overcome his shoulder injury. His rookie season was probably the best NBA season by a former non-Melo SU player in the past 15-20 years, but his scoring average has decreased every single year over the past 6 seasons.

Not sure if he'll be able to carve out a role there, but this is the first time in his career that he'll hypothetically be surrounded by shooters, which is really the only way he could have realistically hoped to find success in the NBA.

Not an ideal situation with the way the Rockets stagger minutes as he'll almost never be able to get on the court without a dominant ball handler next to him. Whatever though, Keep getting those checks for as long as possible.

Five years in the NBA and his "shot" is still the way it is.
Not really an easy thing to fix this far along in his bball career. When you do something millions of times it becomes ingrained in you.

Not really an easy thing to fix this far along in his bball career. When you do something millions of times it becomes ingrained in you.

Its not an easy thing at all and it does come with risks...but:

1. It couldn't POSSIBLY get worse.

2. It could literally cost him millions of dollars.

Anyway that concludes my hot NBA take of the day.

He needs to stop shooting the ball and forcing bad passes.

This IMHO is an odd signing for Houston. No team in the league values shooting and he can't. Ennis would have made more sense if they were just filling a roster spot.

This IMHO is an odd signing for Houston. No team in the league values shooting and he can't. Ennis would have made more sense if they were just filling a roster spot.

I think it's more defense oriented because he can switch across 4 positions.

I think it's more defense oriented because he can switch across 4 positions.
I agree but the little bit I have watched him the last few years - he can switch, but he can't stay with people. He's odd - there are moments where you say "now that is MCW" but there are many moments when you say "MCW - What"

He looked like he would have been able to stick after his rookie season. Four teams later and he's taking a one-year minimum deal. He's been hurt a lot, but not having a jump shot has done more damage than any injury.

Ideal fit for Houston they get taller guard next to Harden when Paul sits and won’t take shots and on D will play the guy that Harden oles against.
You can play one nonshooter when you have Harden/Gordon types on the floor.

I feel like if MCW could figure out a way to use his body and slow the game down, similar to Shaun Livingston, he could be an effective player and find a role with any team.

It's a one year vet minimum deal. Worst case scenario he's on the end of the bench consuming the smallest amount of cap space. Best case he outperforms his deal and is a big time steal.

I feel like if MCW could figure out a way to use his body and slow the game down, similar to Shaun Livingston, he could be an effective player and find a role with any team.

He'd have to learn how to shoot if he wants to be Shaun Livingston

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom