MD... | Syracusefan.com

MD...

BillSU

All American
I think one the most important players on the court tonight contributing to this win was Marek Dolezaj.

He started off his night by showing Big Mr.Thomas he was not phased by his 6'9” 245 presence and immediately took a charge from Thomas giving us the ball. He was tonight like a bee showing people his subtle sting by being all over the half court sinking 3's or leading a driving Brisset for a score. I think he's in for the majority of minutes every game because of his proven, play.
His line:
MIN 30, FG 3-5, 3PT 2-4, FT 2-2, ORB2/DRB2 REB 4, PF 3, A 4,TO 0, BLK 2, STL 2, PTS 10

GOSU :)

Last edited:
I think one the most important players on the court tonight contributing to this win was Marek Dolezaj.

He started off his night by showing Big Mr.Thomas he was not phased by his 6'9” 245 presence and immediately took a charge from Thomas giving us the ball. He was tonight like a bee showing people his subtle sting by being all over the half court sinking 3's or leading a driving Brisset for a score. I think he's in for the majority of minutes every game because of his proven, play.
His line:
MIN 30, FG 3-5, 3PT 2-4, FT 2-2, ORB2/DRB2 REB 4, PF 3, A 4,TO 0, BLK 2, STL 2, PTS 10

GOSU :)

I wonder how many people before this season(or even into the season!) would have predicted he'd be named "player of the game" by the broadcasters? Let alone against an ACC team, and one with the same record as us?

MD...that's what SU needed, a doctor...and tonight, they got one! (yes, I am very pleasantly surprised with the lad!) (Ill probably like the youtube playlist after this more than the one after I posted Tiffany...although I liked that as well)

Is it too early for me to call him a doctor? Is he not done with residency? Will OttoInGrotto come at me, being he is the self-appointed arbiter of nicknames? I may be seen as delusional, but I feel like at least a shred of my powers are back for the moment tonight.

I wonder how many people before this season(or even into the season!) would have predicted he'd be named "player of the game" by the broadcasters? Let alone against an ACC team, and one with the same record as us?

MD...that's what SU needed, a doctor...and tonight, they got one! (yes, I am very pleasantly surprised with the lad!) (Ill probably like the youtube playlist after this more than the one after I posted Tiffany...although I liked that as well)

Is it too early for me to call him a doctor? Is he not done with residency? Will OttoInGrotto come at me, being he is the self-appointed arbiter of nicknames? I may be seen as delusional, but I feel like at least a shred of my powers are back for the moment tonight.

Given his increasing proficiency behind the stripe, we may have even found our own "Dr J."

OK, he takes a 1950s set shot, but work with me here...

Given his increasing proficiency behind the stripe, we may have even found our own "Dr J."

OK, he takes a 1950s set shot, but work with me here...

Because of that, I just pictured him doing a foul line, Statue of Liberty dunk. It made me smile. Man, this team is giving me such a different feel than when it was declared DOA not so long ago, and the MD is a big part of it, helping revive them back to life.

Speaking of doctors, this song is written about a hospital and both ends of the spectrum of life ironically in such close proximity...I think there is a teaching there that can be applied in many places. Seriously, I love this song, "I can feel it coming back again(and it seems to me after tonight, that maybe Boheim can too...catching a wave), like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind!" (one of my favorite bands to see live, no pun intended...love this song especially. Not sure if anyone here remembers it, but I found it profound and epic..hard for me not to be moved when I listen to this...SO spiritual...curious if anything in the last decade or so in pop music is like it?)

The possibilities are endless, it's a matter of what we see, even not prematurely ruling out Isiah Stewart(our Super Bowl), etc. Lightening crashes, I feel like Floki...and tired of the tiny box of existence that Modern Western Culture(tm) was constructed to keep us in, mostly by horizontal control.

Last edited:
I don't know..after last years tourney play, I sort of believe he was perhaps the single most important..not best..but most important player on the team coming into the year..which was why i was really confused as to how little he was playing early on.

I don't know..after last years tourney play, I sort of believe he was perhaps the single most important..not best..but most important player on the team coming into the year..which was why i was really confused as to how little he was playing early on.

Should have been a starter from day one this season , as many have said.

Why he wasn't was wrong but not all that surprising...

Question now is how well can we play through the meat of the acc schedule and can we get off the bubble by the end?

Also, Sidibe looked better LN against a quality big... Hopefully a trend that continue. Chukwu may rightfully be done, sans foul trouble games.

The sky is the limit for Marek.
His new handle should be:

MD2020

Easy to get intoxicated over the potential.
But our judgement must be impaired if we think we don't need the defense of Chukwu.
He was key to our tourney run last year and will be serviceable again this year.
Trust JB will work him back into rotation soon.

The inside calls won't go our way on the road
Teams like UNC will run thru MD like a layup line
Foul him out in 10 minutes
Collecting 5 And Ones along the way.

I looked for a movie quote from Bad Santa
where Bernie Mac, store security supervisor tells Vern the elf to take
Billy Bob Santa out of the store to his car because he's piss drunk.
"It's a physics thing..I'm a dwarf... impossible to carry full grown man."

The full dialog is in the second passage above Taglines
Bad Santa - Wikiquote

Last edited:
The sky is the limit for Marek.
His new handle should be:

MD2020

I like your enthusiasm, but he can't run for President because he's a foreigner. ;)

This is the strongest Syracuse has ever been at the center position.

Not a political reference - I was talking about Mad Dog 2020.

Probably safer to drop acid than to drink that stuff (not that I endorse either).
It's a real judgement killer and at the top of the list for drink most likely to lead to regrettable behavior.

Viral picture shows shocking fact you (probably) didn't know about MD 20/20 - Scotsman Food and Drink

I love Marek's game and don't wish to compare him with cheap booze.
Just pointing out the Fools Gold risk of penciling him in at 25 minutes at Center each game.

MD is the new Rico

Rico at Center was a dark era even though we were the best shooting SU team ever.

Last edited:
Because of that, I just pictured him doing a foul line, Statue of Liberty dunk. It made me smile. Man, this team is giving me such a different feel than when it was declared DOA not so long ago, and the MD is a big part of it, helping revive them back to life.

There were times last night where I was incredibly frustrated, but it's clearly on the right trajectory. Mistakes are mistakes and I can forgive that, but the offense in general is looking much more functional.

What the absolute f__k?
We go 3 deep at center, when was the last time we had that? Never. Marek creates a matchup problem and is a great high port player. Sidibe is getting healthy and can be a scorer down low. And, Chukwu is an intimidating force down low in the zone, which will come into play against the top ACC teams late in the game. 15 fouls to give, a real luxury.

We go 3 deep at center, when was the last time we had that? Never. Marek creates a matchup problem and is a great high port player. Sidibe is getting healthy and can be a scorer down low. And, Chukwu is an intimidating force down low in the zone, which will come into play against the top ACC teams late in the game. 15 fouls to give, a real luxury.

Stop embarrassing yourself

That MD we saw last night is the difference between us being a bubble team and safely in. I don't expect him to go 2/4 from 3 every game, but I also wouldn't be surprised as his shot looks smooth. He's incredibly skilled and is a max effort guy.

Sidibe as his primary backup was a welcome sight.

I'm sure Chukwu will still get some time here and there, but if the other two play like they did last night, I don't see how it's warranted outside of foul trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom