me with Jay Bilas | Syracusefan.com

me with Jay Bilas

stuckinbig11

All American
My son is the Faculty Athletic Rep at UNC-Asheville and invited me to attend a bball fundraiser with him tonight. The guest speaker was Jay Bilas. I got to meet him and talk for a bit; he quickly became aware that I am an Orangeman. He is a good speaker but talked about Coach K too much. The best take-home message was that no game is more important than the others; you wouldn't want your surgeon to think that the next surgery is more important than yours.

1634867708846.jpeg

My son is the Faculty Athletic Rep at UNC-Asheville and invited me to attend a bball fundraiser with him tonight. The guest speaker was Jay Bilas. I got to meet him and talk for a bit; he quickly became aware that I am an Orangeman. He is a good speaker but talked about Coach K too much. The best take-home message was that no game is more important than the others; you wouldn't want your surgeon to think that the next surgery is more important than yours.

View attachment 209147
Fff duke but good for you

View attachment 209147
Which one is you

View attachment 209147

Nice to see Jay still enjoys hanging out with the younger crowd ;)

View attachment 209147
Was Bilas impressed when you informed him that you made the 1 millionth post in Syracuse hoops board history?

That's pretty cool. He is always one of the best to listen too. I am sure he, and many others, will obsessively talk about coach K this year.
I have a friend in Durham who attends all the games, but although he thinks K is a great coach, he doesn’t like him. He told me yesterday that he is going to get sick of the “mawkish adoration.”

View attachment 209147

Great picture!

View attachment 209147
Now that I have a name with the face, I'm pretty sure you owe money...

Great pic Doug!

Luckily we don't have any storylines that will be overplayed this year...
Hope it works out better than Cal Sr., Jr., and Billy!!!

I did not tell him about that, but I did tell him about the 20 minutes that JB spent on the phone with me after I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, discussing his choice of treatment options.
I didn’t realize that about you. Awesome. He did the same for a friend of mine too.