Meathead Dazzler | Syracusefan.com

Meathead Dazzler

Could be a player with an axe to grind. Or not.
That is an interesting twitter account. Looks like it was set up to be a sounding board for athletes. Probably a good thing to have a way to help identify the bad apples out there abusing college athletes.

So a coach who has millions on the line isn’t going to give a kid a fair shot ?
It’s a warrior sport go to your mommy if you want someone to kiss your boo boo !
Gives coaches off on Sunday’s to have family time . Old school guy with old school morals !
Exactly what the snowflakes need

So a coach who has millions on the line isn’t going to give a kid a fair shot ?
It’s a warrior sport go to your mommy if you want someone to kiss your boo boo !
Gives coaches off on Sunday’s to have family time . Old school guy with old school morals !
Exactly what the snowflakes need
Who are the snowflakes ?

As sad as a commentary as it is, pretty typical treatment. I feel like these types of statements are more damning than ever for coaches though, and rightfully so.

The old school mentality is lowly being pushed to the wayside.

I also feel like those statements come from the 'new' generation of player and mostly those with an ax to grind.

Humiliating a kid, berating him, calling him names or outright mental abuse isn't ok, but there's too many delicate flowers growing up playing sports now.

Eh. Not sure if I’d buy it. There’s disgruntled players with their head in the clouds about their own ability, an axe to grind, and an unwillingness/unableness to be accountable for their own athletic shortcomings who will talk bad about every single coach in the history of sports, somewhere.

I still remember the most unathletic kid in the history of the world talking bad about the junior high baseball coach who was nice enough to keep extra players beyond a typical roster and not cut him and try working with him. Years later, the kid is still blaming coach for his lack of playing time and claiming he quit playing because of it. Of course being blunt kids, we were like “cmon man, you sucked at baseball. It’s not his fault.” Looking back, the kid was probably insecure as hell and couldn’t handle reality, and blamed somebody else.

Sorry, I will never buy into the “favoritism” thing. Coach’s “favorites” are the ones who get it done. Especially at that level, where their career rides on it.

“Tackling dummies”?? What does that even mean? You weren’t good enough to get on the field in games and feel like you wasted your time practicing? That’s how I read it.

I also feel like those statements come from the 'new' generation of player and mostly those with an ax to grind.

Humiliating a kid, berating him, calling him names or outright mental abuse isn't ok, but there's too many delicate flowers growing up playing sports now.

And they know the current climate and will manipulate it to their own benefit.

Eh. Not sure if I’d buy it. There’s disgruntled players with their head in the clouds about their own ability, an axe to grind, and an unwillingness/unableness to be accountable for their own athletic shortcomings who will talk bad about every single coach in the history of sports, somewhere.

I still remember the most unathletic kid in the history of the world talking bad about the junior high baseball coach who was nice enough to keep extra players beyond a typical roster and not cut him and try working with him. Years later, the kid is still blaming coach for his lack of playing time and claiming he quit playing because of it. Of course being blunt kids, we were like “cmon man, you sucked at baseball. It’s not his fault.” Looking back, the kid was probably insecure as hell and couldn’t handle reality, and blamed somebody else.

Sorry, I will never buy into the “favoritism” thing. Coach’s “favorites” are the ones who get it done. Especially at that level, where their career rides on it.

“Tackling dummies”?? What does that even mean? You weren’t good enough to get on the field in games and feel like you wasted your time practicing? That’s how I read it.

"Tackling Dummies" is "scout team" is my guess.

There is a balance. Somewhere between the Junction Boys and Every kid gets a trophy.

The ones who cry about not getting a shot. You were given a scholarship, you were given a shot. Seeing the same thing in business. If everyone is not promoted together and at the same salary then it's "favoritism" or something more nefarious.
Could be sour grapes, or could be something to it. We don’t know.

That is an interesting twitter account. Looks like it was set up to be a sounding board for athletes. Probably a good thing to have a way to help identify the bad apples out there abusing college athletes.

All the comments except for 7 Win Steve are positive. Selfishly, the last thing we want is for BC to fire him. I hope he's there cranking out Military Bowl seasons forever.

Could be sour grapes, or could be something to it. We don’t know.
That’s my take on the belittling stuff. I would hope that they don’t depriortize academics.

Something to what? Not getting a shot? He was on the team, on the field, with a schollie. he got a shot.
Favoritism wasn’t the only issue mentioned.

The world we live in. I don't put much stock in stuff like this. If BC had a huge transfer rate one might be able to draw some conclusions and coaches who have been at one program for an extended period of time will have some disgruntled players who feel they should be playing more. Most coaches play the best players that do what they are asked to do on and off the field as they are under a ton of pressure to win.

Dazzler is definitely a throwback to when times may have been a bit different though

As sad as a commentary as it is, pretty typical treatment. I feel like these types of statements are more damning than ever for coaches though, and rightfully so.

The old school mentality is lowly being pushed to the wayside.

I agree but if you don't adapt then the times will pass you by. You see it in most workplaces really. Remember when gets old after awhile

Somebodies Schmoopy Bear needs a hug from that nasty wasty man.
download (2).jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom