Melo cookin | Syracusefan.com

Melo cookin

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
12 4 and 4 in the first qtr against the celtics...where are those media clowns now

12 4 and 4 in the first qtr against the celtics...where are those media clowns now
Media clowns? Half the Knicks fans wanted to run him out of town a month ago.

Media clowns? Half the Knicks fans wanted to run him out of town a month ago.

Well yea them too but half of new york fans you have to ignore, a ton of media people were killing melo daily it was embarrassing

The knicks are doing their best Wisconsin imitation right now.

Well yea them too but half of new york fans you have to ignore, a ton of media people were killing melo daily it was embarrassing
No doubt you're right about the media, but unfortunately that's how sports are covered these days, especially in the big markets. You're only as good as your last game, and there's always someone there to rip apart your performance and drum up some sort of controversy. It wasn't always that way.

Wow that was some sick 3 point shooting by the Knicks. 14 threes - almost tied the NBA record.

7-9 for JR Smith in the first half.

That's some nice three point shooting.

What happens when Amare and Lin come back.. all the sudden Melo won't have the ball in his hands 80% of possessions. Lets see if he can adapt. We all know he can be an offensive force when everything runs through him.

I hate to say it - I'd bet the Knicks let the Celts back into this one.

55-72 now.

Edited to add -- and I'm never wrong.

Knicks really look like they can make some noise in the playoffs. Unfortunately, they will have to go through Miami in round 1.

16-24 from 3 !?!?!?

61% from field, 67% from range.

Playin like the New York Badgers.

Melo is at 10 assists now. GREAT game and is this his first triple-double? I know he's been close a bunch of times.

EDIT: Harlan just said it was his second. First was vs PHX in 07.

Second career triple double. That kind of amazes me, because he really is an underrated passer...when he remembers he's allowed to pass.

Melo feels like he is back in Denver. Gets a touch every possession...he makes all the calls. He is loving this. Maybe he can find a way to re-injure Amare and keep him out for another 2 months.

Mike D'Antoni must be sitting at home shaking his head.

Btw, Melo deserved to be killed a month ago. He was dogging it, and he pretty much admitted to it. He's playing unbelievable now.

Second career triple double. That kind of amazes me, because he really is an underrated passer...when he remembers he's allowed to pass.

Too bad for Melo there is no "hockey assist." He is the king of the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the bucket.

and remembers that he is 6'8.5" and should be able to fall into 5 rebounds.

and remembers that he is 6'8.5" and should be able to fall into 5 rebounds.

Melo is nowhere close to that, maybe in lifts. I understand that they measure in sneakers, but in shoes he closer to 6'7".

Melo is nowhere close to that, maybe in lifts. I understand that they measure in sneakers, but in shoes he closer to 6'7".
He holds his own against other teams PF's. However big he is, he plays bigger.

Knicks fans a month ago who wanted to trade Melo in favor of keeping Lin. Shame on you.

interesting... i looked up his measurements on draftexpress... he was 6'6.25" w/o shoes and 6'7.5" with shoes.

joe johnson is taller than him and plays like a 6 footer. I watch the knicks and hawks play by far the most in the nba and I would have never guessed that.

Still, there is no question carmelo has never rebounded to his potential in this league. That is not debatable, can not be questioned, and is a fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom