Melo may be done in Houston | Syracusefan.com

Melo may be done in Houston

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
E2B12F8F-B207-4F59-88C8-5D9A6F553C13.jpeg

i believe if they waive him, they have to pay the hawks portion of the salary? maybe i read that wrong.

its funny how quick things can change. espn literally came out with an article last week about how much better of a fit houston was than okc.

anyway, he did some damage the last few years to his career and legacy.

His game wasn’t going to age well. Mid-range beefy forwards who don’t play defense have a rapid decline.

Still sad to see. I was hoping Houston would be a good fit for him.

Factor his talent with team wins and there is no more meaningless player in the history of any sport - original dream team gets run - even if he just sits on the bench

Not sure what that legacy is besides a guy who scored a lot of points.

But, as Humphrey Bogart might have said, "We'll always have that night in New Orleans."

Lol.

Guy was a franchise player that took the DENVER NUGGETS to the conference finals and the NEW YORK KNICKS to their best season in 15 years, in an era where all the other best players were buddying up in well run organizations.

I’ve always felt that putting the ball in the basket is a premium skill in basketball, but maybe I don’t understand the sport at all.

The guy is the 19th leading scorer in NBA history and people want to act like he wasn’t doing anything.

The not “winning” thing is such a recent narrative. Do these people not realize he made the playoffs in each of his first 10 years with the Nuggets and Knicks? Two franchises that had been horrible for like a decade before he got there?

The guy is the 19th leading scorer in NBA history and people want to act like he wasn’t doing anything.

The not “winning” thing is such a recent narrative. Do these people not realize he made the playoffs in each of his first 10 years with the Nuggets and Knicks? Two franchises that had been horrible for like a decade before he got there?
Dan Marino sucked.

No kidding. You give me the greatest moment that will ever happen in my sports life, that earns a little leeway in my book.

And I should also add that he’s given quite a bit back to the Syracuse program and been a visible and vocal supporter.

This Tony guy has had a bug up his ass about Melo for years, that’s basically the only time he posts is to knock him. And predictably trollbone is liking it.

Hes past his prime and I don’t know if he got it in his head yet that he cant do what he used to. Once that hurdle has been crossed he could accept a lesser role from a team that’s interested in him .

Melo’s problem is he’s very lazy when the ball isn’t in his hands. His defensive effort is not winning basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom