Melo on the move... | Syracusefan.com

Melo on the move...

I realize the polarity of this comment, so bring it on. But for me, the way the Melo situation has played out and is continuing to play out just sucks.

If there’s a broader context to this around what the Hawks are planning to do, I’m admittedly not aware.

I’m sure a bunch of you will say Melo has brought all this on himself either by choices or playing style, and some of that may be true. But I refuse to believe that he’s not more valuable to a team (and that team being willing to pay the price) than the Hawks.

And as the face of SU basketball in the NBA, this sucks.

44cuse

I realize the polarity of this comment, so bring it on. But for me, the way the Melo situation has played out and is continuing to play out just sucks.

If there’s a broader context to this around what the Hawks are planning to do, I’m admittedly not aware.

I’m sure a bunch of you will say Melo has brought all this on himself either by choices or playing style, and some of that may be true. But I refuse to believe that he’s not more valuable to a team (and that team being willing to pay the price) than the Hawks.

44cuse
They needed to dump Schroder (and his salary) after acquiring Trae Young.

44cuse
Truth be told, his current contact has a player no trade clause. He had to agree then the trade was initiated. IMO works out for all three parties and Melo is free to sign for how much he can get on the open market, but more importantly where he wants.

Truth be told, his current contact has a player no trade clause. He had to agree then the trade was initiated. IMO works out for all three parties and Melo is free to sign for how much he can get on the open market, but more importantly where he wants.

All right, now that I’m fully caught up as opposed to just my alert, I realize he’s getting waived by the Hawks. I read the alert as he was staying a Hawk (which is counter to everything I thought was happening which it turns out actually IS happening). So I stand corrected on my initial comment. And relieved. Melo as a Hawk would have completely sucked.

44cuse

All right, now that I’m fully caught up as opposed to just my alert, I realize he’s getting waived by the Hawks. I read the alert as he was staying a Hawk (which is counter to everything I thought was happening which it turns out actually IS happening). So I stand corrected on my initial comment. And relieved. Melo as a Hawk would have completely sucked.

44cuse
Agree 100%.

ATL is waiving. So come Saturday he’s playing for Boeheim’s Army. You heard it here first.
The waiving part was the part I missed when I saw the alert. Thankfully.

44cuse

Question is what will his role be with Houston?
I think he could have a good role there. They lost Ariza and Mbah a Moute. They need another forward and I think given how good of an offensive coach D'Antoni is he could find a way to use Melo to the best of his ability.

Melo in his prime made his rep as an elite scorer. he never worked to overcome his defensive inconsistancies or to try and figure out ways to make his teammates better. i do not believe he is ready to accept a limited minutes instant o type of role off the bench. At this stage of his career if he is given big minutes he will lose two games due to his weaknesses and scoring inconsistency for every game he turns into a W by getting hot.

If i were Houston, I would not be interested in signing Melo unless Melo was willing to accept what is a realistic role for himself at this stage of his career.

I will always love melo for what he did for the cuse, but IMHO, he could have been so much more than he was.

Melo in his prime made his rep as an elite scorer. he never worked to overcome his defensive inconsistancies or to try and figure out ways to make his teammates better.
I don't buy that.

Look at the Knicks rosters the last 3 seasons they made the playoffs. There's not a whole lot there beyond Melo. Click on the little Ws and Ls here - New York Knicks Playoff History - RealGM

I don't buy that.

Look at the Knicks rosters the last 3 seasons they made the playoffs. There's not a whole lot there beyond Melo. Click on the little Ws and Ls here - New York Knicks Playoff History - RealGM

yea also he was really good for usa basketball for a long time, which shows he can play within a team of super stars. its funny because looking back at melo's career, one of my first memories of him from the mcd's game was how good of a passer I thought he was.

I don't buy that.

Melo had only himself to blame for that. He basically forced the trade to NY and they had to strip the cupboards bare to get him. If he had not been chasing the last dollar and just taken a max deal as a FA he would have had a terrific young supporting cast.

Melo had only himself to blame for that. He basically forced the trade to NY and they had to strip the cupboards bare to get him. If he had not been chasing the last dollar and just taken a max deal as a FA he would have had a terrific young supporting cast.

Clown take bro.

People complain about Durant playing for the Warriors and people complain about Melo taking max money. NBA fans who do this are hypocrites.

Good point. The Knicks front office is filled with the best and the brightest they would have used the money really well. It was just that greedy selfish Melo. Good lord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom