Melo | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people do realize that there are federal hipaa privacy laws in place in this country? I suggest if you are not familiar with these laws you google this and see how serious it is to be caught breaking these laws.

Regardless of who says what anything,,,especially on a public forum can certainly be used in a lawsuit when you are dealing with certain situations and the type of information involved.

You piss and moan that people are not giving enough information. There is a reason. A premium board doesn't shield one from this either.

Just settle down and wait for it to play out. It isn't like we are waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if one of our kids...parents whatever have terminal cancer. I too want this resolved and realize how important to this team fab is but for gods sake some of you are really being whiny bitches.
PREACH!!!!

Whatever, troll. You are just getting your jollies out of this monstrosity of a thread you created with your our BS source. The sad fact is you are not even one of the real "insiders" but a just another wannabe.

Really? As I said, bye...Absolutely, immaturity is what you display.. Whether you believe me or not matters none to me... I pay nothing for my use of this forum and thus I have no expectation of what I should receive of value. You're no different than a spoiled child who stomps their feet when they don't get their way. I don't pretend to be an "insider" whatever that means... I choose to make a contribution where I can, that is all...All you do is dissuade people who do have any info from posting with your BS. I or anyone else on here doesn't owe you anything.

If your sick of the speculation, then don't read and go do something else. I would venture to guess that the majority of this forum would rather have a poster who contributes any info when they can, which is what I do vs. whatever it is that you do.. Which appears to be pissing, moaning as well as criticizing those who don't give you whatever it is you want...

CTO, pinned a post on this forum and within it says these are forums "where SU fans can engage in intelligent, civilized discussions. As we said when the board was founded, "We can disagree without being disagreeable." " So if criticizing me and calling me a troll blows wind up your skirt, then so be it..have at it.. But realize that all your doing is dissuading anyone with any info from sharing it on here or sharing it privately with a few people instead. I hardly think that is what most want on here...

Do we think mid-semester grade reports may be a possible time that he could be reinstated?

You people do realize that there are federal hipaa privacy laws in place in this country? I suggest if you are not familiar with these laws you google this and see how serious it is to be caught breaking these laws.

Regardless of who says what anything,,,especially on a public forum can certainly be used in a lawsuit when you are dealing with certain situations and the type of information involved.

You piss and moan that people are not giving enough information. There is a reason. A premium board doesn't shield one from this either.

Just settle down and wait for it to play out. It isn't like we are waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if one of our kids...parents whatever have terminal cancer. I too want this resolved and realize how important to this team fab is but for gods sake some of you are really being whiny bitches.

I'll let a lawyer overrule me, but I'm fairly certain FERPA protections apply to the school and not an Internet poster -- i.e., it's SU's (and its employees) responsibility to keep Fab's grades / academic proceedings secret, not CoolGuy44's. (Same with HIPAA.) If CoolGuy44 spilled what he knew, Fab could presumably sue him for libel or slander -- however unlikely to succeed -- but he couldn't go after him under FERPA. (That said, if people on here really have been told the real story -- and Fab hasn't waived his rights to privacy, which is possible to do -- SU is already in violation.)

Edit: Just did a little research and it appears there's no private right of action under FERPA (or at least it's rare) -- i.e., a student can't sue a school for a violation -- so its applicability to CoolGuy44 is even less. The penalty to schools is the withholding of federal funds (which is a good enough reason to comply with it).

I'm sick and tired of everyone attacking CoolGuy44, personally.

Isn't it crazy that no players have said anything at all about the situation? Not even any clues or metaphors that we could use to decipher what the outcome will be?

I am sure the team knows. I have been checking my TL for the past 3 days and not a peep from any of them. Not even a hint- this is such a ridiculous situation.

Isn't it crazy that no players have said anything at all about the situation? Not even any clues or metaphors that we could use to decipher what the outcome will be?

I am sure the team knows. I have been checking my TL for the past 3 days and not a peep from any of them. Not even a hint- this is such a ridiculous situation.
Why would they say anything? They might not know yet like JB said yesterday and I'm pretty sure them saying something would get them into some with JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom