Memo to ACC network | Syracusefan.com

Memo to ACC network

Are all of the ACC Tournament games available live on the ACC Network?
They didn't seem to mention it once during our game today.

No one, I repeat no one likes the tv angle from behind the play at ground level...terrible

To be honest, I didn't mind it a couple times when we were on defense. It gave me a good perspective of what it's like to face the zone. But yeah, there's a reason that's not the normal camera angle.

Yes. The only question is whether the local cable outfit carrying the ACC Network in your area is willing to carry all 14 games. In any case, they're all available on the ESPN family of networks. It's just a question of which broadcasters you want to listen to.

Hey SaraQs won, not that the ACC network wanted us to. I hate the ACC but hate Providence more for the whole Big East.

No one, I repeat no one likes the tv angle from behind the play at ground level...terrible
My mother said she loved it. I thought she was crazy. Hard to see the rest of the court at that angle, and feel like we always foul when it goes to that angle for some odd reason. The camera guy must be in on it.

But I did like the shot of the players arm pit (don't remember which player it was) after he shot the free throw and we had no idea if it went in. But we got to stare at the arm pit for a bit.

memo three: grant didn't miss syracuse's game at boston college on tuesday because syracuse didn't play a game at boston college on tuesday.

memo four: ennis' game winner against pitt wasn't from "beyond half court."

memo five: there should be an option where you can decide to turn off the announcers and just listen to the crowd and whatnot like you're at the game.

And if they're going to use that angle, the least they could do is clean the lens. The cameraman's greasy finger prints created a halo effect at the top of the frame. It looked as if they were shooting the game in a sauna.

Not impressed with the Raycom productions at all. And can anyone explain why ESPN3 got a SD feed when there clearly was an HD feed? If that's part of Raycom's retransmission deal with ESPN, that's just stupid. I can understand why Swofford gets sh$t over this contract.

And to ESPN3 - no one likes missing 4 possessions while you show sports photos.
I swear to god, I threw my remote against the wall and now have to get a new one

14mbbtourney-bracket.jpg

http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/championship_m-baskbl

this was the best when they were talking about fanfest at acc tournament they kept mentioning that acc womens one was to be held march 8th which was yesterday

The greasy/cloudy camera floored me, that seems like a basic thing. Then the angle which completely blocked out the corners of the court was bizarre. Players would disappear from the screen and no attempt was made to offer a visual of them.

In NC the game wasn't available on ESPN, got the standard def feed which started real fuzzy but they cleared it up by the end.

I liked the angle. Different perspective and more like you'd see were you in the game. Wouldn't want it all the time but you can see a lot that you don't see from above.

Did they have lights in FSU arena sure looked dark in there?

I swear to god, I threw my remote against the wall and now have to get a new one
I literally thought...some evil ruling happened over the break to take away 5 points. That was total BS.

Saw the game until 10 mins to go on ESPN3 then I had to drive home (from son's) picked up the FSU broadcast on Sirius. Every Cuse basket sounded as loud as FSU made baskets. Sounded pretty cool on radio...the FSU announcer commented on the large contingent of Cuse fans.

But on the bright side who knew that women in skimpy clothes sold chicken...I mean Bojangles using Swimsuit models...I kind of like the way the southern marketing mind thinks.

The greasy/cloudy camera floored me, that seems like a basic thing. Then the angle which completely blocked out the corners of the court was bizarre. Players would disappear from the screen and no attempt was made to offer a visual of them.

In NC the game wasn't available on ESPN, got the standard def feed which started real fuzzy but they cleared it up by the end.

The cloudy camera could have been due to the fact that FSU had fire works before the game. I know watching it live that it seemed to be a little hazy in the arena. It also could have been due to the fact I was hungover also so who knows lol.

The cloudy camera could have been due to the fact that FSU had fire works before the game. I know watching it live that it seemed to be a little hazy in the arena. It also could have been due to the fact I was hungover also so who knows lol.
When the camera moved the smudge moved with it ...

Agreed... Was yelling at my TV about it like I spit my dummy out during the game.

Yelling at the TV was warranted.

I don't know why ESPN3 would show the SD feed. The two times that I had to watch SU hoops on ESPN3 that has not been the case.

I had an issue with open captioning of the play-by-play. I reported it to Raycom via their website. I received an email from them during the game in which they indicated that they contacted my local affiliate which confirmed that they had their decoder set for open captioning. Very responsive of Raycom. One other person in the chat room complained of the same issue, I later confirmed with him that he watched the same affiliate that I did.

I see that my local affiliate will be showing all of the ACC Tournament games. I expect to watch the ESPN feed instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom