Memo to Illinois board mods | Syracusefan.com

Memo to Illinois board mods

Lol. The fan base seems pretty excited about this transfer, citing his big arm, accuracy and mobility. Wait until they find out about his awareness and decision making ability.

Should we tell them? Ehh, they’ll figure it out by week 2.

Lol. The fan base seems pretty excited about this transfer, citing his big arm, accuracy and mobility. Wait until they find out about his awareness and decision making ability.

Should we tell them? Ehh, they’ll figure it out by halftime week 1.
FIFY

Perhaps, with better coaching, schemes, receivers and line play, those issues won’t be issues

Kind of surprised by this move. Just my opinion but if he still has pro aspirations, I always thought he'd be better off going the FCS route where there would be an easier path to starter, he could build up his confidence again, and potentially put up video game numbers. Go to a JMU or Delaware. You're close to home and can have family support, etc. and you're not constantly running for your life playing for another major conference tin can.

Curious to know the situation at Illinois. Is Tommy expected to be the starter?

So they don’t have any receivers to throw to and they are rebuilding their offensive line. Hmmm, what could go wrong?
A44CDF7A-E025-49B4-B0F0-A5839FC693A5.png

Last edited:
Their situation was so bad that they took Sitkowski. Although he lost the job and the guy who replaced him could technically come back.

Peters ended the season as the starter and he was a grad transfer, so he is done.

I think Sitkowski, a guy Tommy fought for recognition with in NJ in HS, was the starter at the start of the season, and he played pretty well but he got banged up (Illinois had a really crappy OL; he got sacked a lot) and was lost for the season. He is so messed up I do not believe he is going to be able to play spring ball.

So Tommy has a chance to shine in the spring if he plays well and stays healthy.

It will be interesting to see which QB wins the job. IMHO, Tommy made a remarkably awful choice in that Illinois has no OL whatsoever. If he is able to win a starting position, he is going to have no time to throw. And we all know what happens in that scenario.

I do genuinely wish him luck there. He was a good teammate and gave great effort while he was here. to support his teammates even after he was benched.

That is all I can ask as a fan.

You will soon be visited by a dark and gloomy presence. It's about to get real, so heads up.

(Note to our mods: do you want to lock this post or should I just delete it myself? :):):):)

This also serves as a warning to the parents of the other QBs. Although one is Rutgers transfer from NJ, so they probably know.

Parents of the OL and WRs should also keep the antenna up.

Lets hope he does well. Tommy is a class act.

I would think he'd stand a good chance.

UVa 42 Illinois 14 (we play them again in Champaign-Urbana on Sep 10)

Artur Sitkowski, 24/45, 221 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 sacks.

The kid was stuck with arguably the second or maybe 3rd worse head coach in SUs history. No QB coach. Horrible OCs and an OL that graded out as Fs in 2 seasons. He was injured numerous times and the way he lost his job and was informed was sophomoric on Dinos part.
Suffice to say given all of that he acted pretty well.
Bottom line Tommy and the other kids who left aren't the issue.

I would think he'd stand a good chance.

UVa 42 Illinois 14 (we play them again in Champaign-Urbana on Sep 10)

Artur Sitkowski, 24/45, 221 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 sacks.

He’ll fit right in there then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom