Merry Christmas all | Syracusefan.com

Merry Christmas all

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
From the staff here to all the great posters who help make this the best SU fan site. Cherish your loved ones and enjoy your time with them during this Holiday season.

GO Orange

We have a great time here discussing Syracuse athletics in a mostly civil fashion. I am grateful so many have chosen to make the board a part of their lives.

Best wishes for a joyous holiday season to all Syracuse fans on the board. We have a lot to celebrate and be grateful for.

495944A9-D4CA-4083-A74C-3F9288406641.jpeg

I’m not going to tell you how long it took me to figure out the relationship between his number and his name.
My Christmas story for the board.

i have a few nieces that I bring to SU football and basketball games from time to time.

I would classify them as casual fans.

I remember bringing them to a game a long time ago, when Rakeem was playing. It was Christmas time. He wasn’t a star yet but was a starter. This one niece was trying to get into the game. She asked me, ‘wait a minute, is that (Christmas) really his name’?

I assured her it was. Then I asked her to guess why his number was 25. She thought about it, shook her head sideways and I would see her about to say ‘no idea’. But then the lightbulb when on and she smiled and laughed and said ‘I get it. How cool’.

He become her favorite player. Her first favorite player. She went to a lot more games. She started watching the team on TV. She told me she told everyone she knew the story of Rakeem and his number. It made her a fan.

That interest never waned. She is now a student at Syracuse now. Doing great; 4.0 GPA. Just spent a semester abroad studying in London. Very excited to be back in Syracuse though so she can watch the basketball team the rest of the year. She is majoring in education, is going to be a great teacher and is going to make a major positive impact on many young lives the rest of her life.

Rakeem made it happen. Thanks Rak!

1672062433578.jpeg

Happy Holidays to all !!!

I think this is a great time to express appreciation for the staff and all they have done to improve this forum. I think the quality of conversation and the improvement of goodwill between posters of differing opinions has greatly improved, and we have the staff to thank for most of that !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom