Mets Bad AAA Contract | Syracusefan.com

Mets Bad AAA Contract

The Mets made their bed when the Indians took their triple AAA team out of Buffalo. Both Syracuse and Buffalo went after the Mets.
The Mets chose Buffalo and the Nats went to Syracuse.
Several years later Toronto and Buffalo made a deal and the Mets were screwed.
By picking Buffalo over Syracuse the Mets screwed themselves long term.

I would argue that its paying Bobby Bonillia a mil a year for the rest of his life, but this is a close 2nd, and it makes zero sense at all.
its not the rest of his life, 2035...but I get your point.

however, a mill a year is nothing nowadays for a MLB club, but its ridiculous that in his 50s, hes getting that every 7/1.

however, a mill a year is nothing nowadays for a MLB club, but its ridiculous that in his 50s, hes getting that every 7/1.

Well the Mets are cheapskates, so for them its a lot, its not even that its the principle, Bonilia was a bust, and a bad guy, his little win a mil for life deal is a joke.

Well the Mets are cheapskates, so for them its a lot, its not even that its the principle, Bonilia was a bust, and a bad guy, his little win a mil for life deal is a joke.

Make your move.

Shoot, more athletes should have their contracts structured like that.

The Mets made their bed when the Indians took their triple AAA team out of Buffalo. Both Syracuse and Buffalo went after the Mets.
The Mets chose Buffalo and the Nats went to Syracuse.
Several years later Toronto and Buffalo made a deal and the Mets were screwed.
By picking Buffalo over Syracuse the Mets screwed themselves long term.

I dunno, much cheaper flights to Buffalo from NYC than to Syracuse.

I predict Syracuse won't have a team before the next 10 years are up. Some city will make an effort to get into the Triple AAA game and Syracuse will be left out after the music stops.

I agree with the premise, but an article with "contract" in the headline would have been a little more informative if the author actually touched on the contract itself.

I predict Syracuse won't have a team before the next 10 years are up. Some city will make an effort to get into the Triple AAA game and Syracuse will be left out after the music stops.
that would leave an opening for SU to step up and add baseball.

There has not been any mention lately of the Nats' plan of an eventual move of their AAA team to Richmond. I guess it's at best been relegated to a back burner since they haven't said "boo" one way or another.

There has not been any mention lately of the Nats' plan of an eventual move of their AAA team to Richmond. I guess it's at best been relegated to a back burner since they haven't said "boo" one way or another.

Is the Nationals AAA team in Tidewater right now?

Man, having your AAA team close to your major league team; what a concept!
Yes, that was the thought behind Richmond. When they first moved to DC, the Nats inherited New Orleans, Montreal's AAA club. That was a nightmare because they're in the PCL and played so many games out West making it really draining on the players for a call-up.

Yes, that was the thought behind Richmond. When they first moved to DC, the Nats inherited New Orleans, Montreal's AAA club. That was a nightmare because they're in the PCL and played so many games out West making it really draining on the players for a call-up.

As a Mets fan, I'd kill for New Orleans (which they had a few years ago) right now.

If the Nats moved to Richmond the Mets would mov e to Syracuse the following minute.

Agreed Kirbivore

Syracuse and Auburn could see their minor league teams kaput in next decade or so. Weak attendance and financial situations make it an easy call for the ownership.

Thankfully Syracuse has a great GM in Smorol who really is turning things around behind the scenes, and Auburn just hired a bright young man who was GM before who can get the community back involved with the team

Agreed Kirbivore

Syracuse and Auburn could see their minor league teams kaput in next decade or so. Weak attendance and financial situations make it an easy call for the ownership.

Thankfully Syracuse has a great GM in Smorol who really is turning things around behind the scenes, and Auburn just hired a bright young man who was GM before who can get the community back involved with the team
Syracuse team is community owned that gives them hope to stay as long as they can break even over the long run. If they were not community owned the team would've moved years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom