Miami or Oklahoma City? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Miami or Oklahoma City?

5. Officiating

The officiating does suck. But it's sucked for a long time. Stars get the calls, simple as that. Lebron is the biggest star so he gets the most calls. He's obviously amazing, but he benefits from the calls going his way 9 times out of 10.

The officiating does suck. But it's sucked for a long time. Stars get the calls, simple as that. Lebron is the biggest star so he gets the most calls. He's obviously amazing, but he benefits from the calls going his way 9 times out of 10.
And my response to this is- Should this be Lebron's fault? Should he go up to the ref on a questionable foul call and say, "You know man, I wasn't fouled. I don't need to shoot these free throws." I see what you're saying and I agree, but how is it Lebron's fault he gets these calls?

And my response to this is- Should this be Lebron's fault? Should he go up to the ref on a questionable foul call and say, "You know man, I wasn't fouled. I don't need to shoot these free throws." I see what you're saying and I agree, but how is it Lebron's fault he gets these calls?

Not at all, and I completely agree with your thought here. Took me a long time to realize I didn't actually hate Michael Jordan, I hated the way he was given everything. I don't hate Lebron, except when he's whining for calls. He runs people over half the time like they were 10 year old school girls and then looks to the officials when he doesn't get the call.

Not at all, and I completely agree with your thought here. Took me a long time to realize I didn't actually hate Michael Jordan, I hated the way he was given everything. I don't hate Lebron, except when he's whining for calls. He runs people over half the time like they were 10 year old school girls and then looks to the officials when he doesn't get the call.
6'9" 255

I love the double standard about how people hate the charge rule, then complain that LeBron runs over people. Well, he's allowed to run over people unless they get position on him. That's the rule. Thing is... no one wants to give up their body to take a charge on him because he's built like a brick$$$$house. Look at the call with Durant in game 3. Dude had position, then a split second before contact, he winces and rotates his body to get out of the way, which is why the refs called a block instead of a charge. No one holds their ground on LeBron, but the Heat players held their ground on Westbrook and Durant and Harden.

Another thing is that LeBron is fouled EVERY time he goes to the basket. He should have shot another 6 to 8 free throws last night, but he's so strong that the refs just let a lot of that contact go.

6'9" 255

I think he's closer to 6'8 265, not that that is a tremendous difference from what you had... BTW, As I saw LJ play many games in HS live, including against my HS team, I have to marvel at his muscle gain over the last 9 years. He has literally put on roughly 50+ pounds of muscle. People are not supposed to be that big. His mother is barely 5'4. Freak of nature is certainly warranted. A guy like KD is wirey, which is what Lebron was for a while in his teens. How does he maintain that size? It's a little unbelievable to me?

I love the double standard about how people hate the charge rule, then complain that LeBron runs over people. Well, he's allowed to run over people unless they get position on him. That's the rule. Thing is... no one wants to give up their body to take a charge on him because he's built like a brick$$$$house. Look at the call with Durant in game 3. Dude had position, then a split second before contact, he winces and rotates his body to get out of the way, which is why the refs called a block instead of a charge. No one holds their ground on LeBron, but the Heat players held their ground on Westbrook and Durant and Harden.

Another thing is that LeBron is fouled EVERY time he goes to the basket. He should have shot another 6 to 8 free throws last night, but he's so strong that the refs just let a lot of that contact go.

I wasn't the one to complain about the charge rule, but I hear what you are saying. I thought Fisher was in perfect position to take the charge but he threw his arms out to slow Lebron down. Stupid play that resulted in a flagrant (terrible call) that should have gone the other way. Hell, probably saved himself from a concussion or worse had he actually let James run him over.

As for Lebron getting fouled everytime - probably right, but same could be said for every player who attacks the basket. The NBA is rough compared to college. Seems like lebron also gets away with clearing out with his off hand from time to time as well and I'm not sure I've ever seen that called against him.

The reality is I'm not trying to rant against Lebron. It's officiating overall that I can't stand and that's what keeps me from watching regular season games with any regularity.

As for Lebron getting fouled everytime - probably right, but same could be said for every player who attacks the basket. The NBA is rough compared to college.

That's interesting; I don't agree. I think the college game has more of the bump and grab stuff; I think in the NBA the game is called much m uch tighter when players take it to the hoop.

That's interesting; I don't agree. I think the college game has more of the bump and grab stuff; I think in the NBA the game is called much m uch tighter when players take it to the hoop.

No way. That play where Perkins picked up his fifth foul last night is a perfect example. Bosh literally undercut him and grabbed his jersey with both hands pulling him off balance such that Perk just hugged him trying to escape. And that was just to set up a pick! Going into the lane is worse and should not be undertaken without the understanding that your life is in jeapordy.

No way. That play where Perkins picked up his fifth foul last night is a perfect example. Bosh literally undercut him and grabbed his jersey with both hands pulling him off balance such that Perk just hugged him trying to escape. And that was just to set up a pick! Going into the lane is worse and should not be undertaken without the understanding that your life is in jeapordy.

I wonder if there i any way to quantify this; I have no idea. It seems to me that on drives at least, there is more contact allowed in the college game than the NBA game. I'm not sure I would have any way of proving that.

I wonder if there i any way to quantify this; I have no idea. It seems to me that on drives at least, there is more contact allowed in the college game than the NBA game. I'm not sure I would have any way of proving that.

Not sure either. Best way would be to ask someone who sits courtside during NBA and college games. I know what you are saying though. Whenever I get to see the local college team up here (won't name them since some people get touchy about that) it seems like there is a ton of contact on every play. Way more than a high school game. Makes me think twice when I'm thinking of calling a foul when I'm playing old man pickup ball.

Yah I don't think it's that close. 'Cuse bigs actually get a number of good no-calls by simply holding their ground as the opposing Guard leaps into their chest. In the NBA that's a foul on the defense just about every time (Wade vs Dallas in '06 always comes to mind for this). Unfortunately the defender has to flop to draw a charge in either game, which in turn leads to excessive flopping.
The stuff that goes on away from the ball is probably a different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom