Miami's John Ruiz's involvement in NIL lands Miami WBB in hot water | Syracusefan.com

Miami's John Ruiz's involvement in NIL lands Miami WBB in hot water

NYCCuse826

Starter

Why this has been posted in the main basketball thread is relevant for a number of reasons. With pay for play being in the arena, boosters and collectives across the country are offering prospective athletes money before they end up on campus. Due to the commitment of Elijah Moore at Syracuse with a NIL package being part of the deal, the university could attract attention of the NCAA. While they haven't forced Miami to disassociate from Ruiz, other rulings could do just that.

Why this has been posted in the main basketball thread is relevant for a number of reasons. With pay for play being in the arena, boosters and collectives across the country are offering prospective athletes money before they end up on campus. Due to the commitment of Elijah Moore at Syracuse with a NIL package being part of the deal, the university could attract attention of the NCAA. While they haven't forced Miami to disassociate from Ruiz, other rulings could do just that.
What is the difference between this and AW bringing the rap scene to the dome? Should we be worried?

What is the difference between this and AW bringing the rap scene to the dome? Should we be worried?
The important part is in the follow-up tweet:
Miami WBB coach Katie Meier facilitated the meeting between Cavinders & Ruiz, NCAA says.

I get it, doesn’t seem like a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I’m sure AW just didn’t pick these recruits by random.
Nope, I'm sure he doesn't. But there can't be a trail.

Meier was cited for violating “head-coach responsibility,” as text messages from Meier to Ruiz show the coach facilitated the meeting between the booster and the Cavinders.

After they first met last spring at an athletic event, Ruiz and Meier began exchanging messages about the recruitment of the Cavinders. Ruiz texted the coach saying he was “here to help” and wanted “women’s [basketball] to be huge for UM.”

There's more to that. Collectives and boosters can't be a part of recruiting. They had John Ruiz's text messages:
Yes, that's the important part as noted in my post, where the HC facilitated the meeting.

Posted this in another thread but the results were actually pretty minor considering he was a big NIL booster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom