Michael Gbinije update! | Syracusefan.com

Michael Gbinije update!

This was discussed rather thoroughly below! Sorry for being THAT guy. In my defense, I was up early working out and not on the internet all morning like all you lazy people :)

This was discussed rather thoroughly below! Sorry for being THAT guy. In my defense, I was up early working out and not on the internet all morning like all you lazy people :)
It's ok. But hey, have you heard anything on how that Apollo 11 mission turned out?

;)

It's ok. But hey, have you heard anything on how that Apollo 11 mission turned out?

;)

Don't know but I hope they get that bin Laden guy soon.

Man, I hope Fab is eligible in time for the UNC Asheville game!

...too soon?

Really like what I see. True scorer always confident on his jumper.
Explosive like a true Sg/SF combo off the dribble.
Looks like a really high IQ and has a great 2nd gear(way underated).
Can't believe he wasn't a AA, This guys a stud can't get enough ...
Loves to run and will fit right into our system from day 1.
How did Duke let this one go??

very excited!
This board should be buzzing off the charts.

Looks like a terrific player, one that could thrive in our system. I wonder what happened at Duke.

He certainly looks more like a forward than a guard. I assume he'll have to sit out a year so Southerland will be gone and he'll be competing with CJ Fair and Jerami Grant at forward. We may be laying two fo them at a time in some circumstances.

Sounds like the "G" is silent and it's pronounced "Bin-eh-jay".

Even with him sitting out I guess they can now scrimmage with 5 scholarship players vs. 5 scholarship players.

Love the pull-up jumpers, a lost art in college basketball. If Dion had ever leanred to do that...

Regarding what happened at Duke, from what I've been reading it sounds like a combo of:

1) logjam on the wing
2) he came down with an illness midway through the year
3) K doesn't tend to play many young players

That's as far as his PT goes, anyway. As far as why he's leaving? Sometimes a school just isn't the right fit.

His highlights are somewhat similar to Grant, except that Grant gets up higher. They both have range and hops. He plays like a 3 but I'd like him to play the 2. Better to have a tall 2 than a short 3. He will need a crossover, left hand and overall better handle. I wonder if K had him at the 2 or 3. My guess is that he is not yet ready for the 2 but he should be year after next when he could be a beast at the top of the key.

very excited!
This board should be buzzing off the charts.

will dance.gif

Him at the 2 and Grant at the 3 in the future will be HUGE, imo. From what I perused on the Duke forums it seemed like his defense was lacking along with that combo guard logjam down there. He could excel in the zone.

He also should do well academically which helps us with our APR. I really like this pickup and feel he will fit well within our system and provide us with a combo player that makes us very big on the front of our zone.

Regarding what happened at Duke, from what I've been reading it sounds like a combo of:

1) logjam on the wing

That's as far as his PT goes, anyway. As far as why he's leaving? Sometimes a school just isn't the right fit.

There's going to be a bit of a logjam here, too, I would think.

I don't really see that. There will probably be:

PG: MCW, maybe Ennis
SG: Cooney, Gbinije
SF: Fair, Grant, Gbinije

We will have at most four guards, including MG. MCW could also be gone if he blows up, meaning we may only have three guards at that point. Cooney will also be the only other 2G on the roster either way.

1) logjam on the wing

Boeheim doesn't play them either. I just don't see this like a lot of you guys do, SU's had transfers before because they had to fill a hole and lately this team has been recruiting really really well so I don't understand why a guy that couldn't find playing time for a team worse than SU would be that good of a thing. I trust Boeheim and his evaluations but it just seems a bit odd to me.

I don't see what's not to get.

Jekelish gave his reasons for leaving, and i will add that he looked at who was coming in/likely coming in, (they were/are higher rated than he was) and he felt that he was not going to get PT. K sees him as a 3.

JB wants him as a 2. And he sees him splitting time with Cooney. Cooney isn't going to play 40 minutes. So, now SU will have Cooney and MG splitting time at the 2. I'd rather see them playing 20 minutes each at 100%. It will be on JB to use them properly.

I think JB is up to it. ;)

If that's what Boeheim is up to and he wants him as a 2 and that's what the kid prefers, I could see that but to me it's a bit discouraging that possibility he was scared of a challenge and ran. Again, just playing the devils (pun intended) advocate here.

He looks like a '3' or even a '4' on the tape. I iamgine he'll be a '2' in the NBA if he ever gets there. Mayvbe that was the issue- the kid wants to play the postion he will play on the next level. Imagine if he can play the '2'- we could have the 6-5 MCW and the 6-7 MG at the top of the zone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom