Michael Lasker, OL offered? | Syracusefan.com

Michael Lasker, OL offered?

CuseLegacy

Jeff Steinberg@CoachSteiny11h
Congrats to Michael Lasker (Santiago class of 2012) who was offered a scholarship by Syracuse. Gr8 athlete & just an outstanding young man

6'5 300 lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/22247/#highlights/8433382

Graduated in 2012. Can't find where he has been for the last year.

*Edit. He is at Riverside CC in Cali. Now up to 315lbs. Small fella.

kid looks like a beast. he is for 2014 right? not another late add?

kid looks like a beast. he is for 2014 right? not another late add?
I was wondering the same thing.

He looks like he'd be a great get no matter what year he enters.

Says 2014 graduation from CC but not sure.

ya i'm not expert at breaking down tape, but from the looks of it this guy seemed like he would have been gobbled up by now if he was 2013.

Jeff Steinberg@CoachSteiny11h
Congrats to Michael Lasker (Santiago class of 2012) who was offered a scholarship by Syracuse. Gr8 athlete & just an outstanding young man

6'5 300 lbs

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/22247/#highlights/8433382

Graduated in 2012. Can't find where he has been for the last year.

*Edit. He is at Riverside CC in Cali. Now up to 315lbs. Small fella.

Gr8? Oh Lord It's 2 more freaking characters to type "great"

Since he's class of 13 and has no other visits this weekend I'd guess we'll have a new commitment on sunday.

Since he's class of 13 and has no other visits this weekend I'd guess we'll have a new commitment on sunday.
I really hope you're right but how on earth does he not have other offers? Kid looks like a beast.

Are you sure he is 2013 rather '14?

One site says 2013 the other 2014.
Someone ask him if you see him this weekend. At 6'5 315 he shouldn't be hard to miss. ;)
http://instagram.com/p/WNz8WYCJ0Z/#

he may be the same as Marona. Was a full qualifier, but went JUCO route to improve his game to get a shot at playing at a higher level. He may not have many offers because schools may be looking at him for 2014, but Syracuse has offered for this year. I could be totally wrong, but that's my guess. Kid looks too good, but whatever i'll take him. I know I am definitely excited about picking this kid up.

Do you think he is fast enough to play tackle? Reminds me of Tiller. Like all HS kids needs work on foot work. I think though he would be a road grader at guard.

I don't think we'd bring him in if he was a 2014 recruit. Our OT depth needs help now, and we'll probably get some HS OT's next year.

he may be the same as Marona. Was a full qualifier, but went JUCO route to improve his game to get a shot at playing at a higher level. He may not have many offers because schools may be looking at him for 2014, but Syracuse has offered for this year. I could be totally wrong, but that's my guess. Kid looks too good, but whatever i'll take him. I know I am definitely excited about picking this kid up.

Going after the full qualifiers that have 1 year in at JUCO is sneaky and creative. I really like it. Shows the staff is playing all the angles to their benefit.

Going after the full qualifiers that have 1 year in at JUCO is sneaky and creative. I really like it. Shows the staff is playing all the angles to their benefit.

we actually have quite a few JUCO's who can play 3 years. Wayne Williams, Luke A, Marona, and most likely this guy. People keep making a big deal about all the JUCO's we have got, but 4 of them have 3 years of eligibility.

we actually have quite a few JUCO's who can play 3 years. Wayne Williams, Luke A, Marona, and most likely this guy. People keep making a big deal about all the JUCO's we have got, but 4 of them have 3 years of eligibility.

3 to play 3's like Wayne are nice, 4 to play 3's are even better. Redshirting a year paid big dividends with Goggins. It's too bad a guy like Lou Alexander couldn't have had the same opportunity, he really could have used it.

3 to play 3's like Wayne are nice, 4 to play 3's are even better. Redshirting a year paid big dividends with Goggins. It's too bad a guy like Lou Alexander couldn't have had the same opportunity, he really could have used it.
Redshirting wouldn't have helped his footwork... and he essentially had a redshirt year when he couldn't get here after he first signed for a full season.