Michigan coach Brady Hoke says he'd like to play SU | Syracusefan.com

Michigan coach Brady Hoke says he'd like to play SU

Status
Not open for further replies.
i clicked on the link to suathletics non-conf games, hadnt seen it in a while.

guess we need to schedule the '15 & '17 Giants Stadium games.

michigan and ped st will work just fine.

not necessarily in that order.

git er dun

Oh Lord

PLAY A 1 GAME SERIES WITH MICHIGAN IN METLIFE. I have no problem with Metlife games if they are season opening "bowl" type games against quality competition. I have some emails to make. Do not play Michigan at the Big House and our home at Metlife it reeks small-time. Michigan played Alabama in Jerryworld this past season in a 1 game series do the same thing in Metlife. Split the gate 50/50 or give Michigan a little more and play a 1 game series.

i clicked on the link to suathletics non-conf games, hadnt seen it in a while.

guess we need to schedule the '15 & '17 Giants Stadium games.

michigan and ped st will work just fine.

not necessarily in that order.

git er dun

Oh Lord

Michigan would be a perfect 1-1-1, but they are booked up thru 2016. 2016 lists one open date, but that's the year the B1G is going to 9 conf games, so that door shuts.

Get them 2017 in NYC. Then 2018/2019 in Dome/Big House.

If the series is a home/Metlife deal then Syracuse football season ticket holders are getting flatly slapped in the face. Ohio State has agreed to a home/home with Boston College in 2020-2021 if they can get home/homes then SU shouldn't sell out for less. This is why I FLAT out despise the Notre Dame series we agreed to with them.

If the series is a home/Metlife deal then Syracuse football season ticket holders are getting flatly slapped in the face. Ohio State has agreed to a home/home with Boston College in 2020-2021 if they can get home/homes then SU shouldn't sell out for less. This is why I FLAT out despise the Notre Dame series we agreed to with them.
Boston>>>>>>>>>cny

Boston>>>>>>>>>cny
I don't disagree with you, but playing a "home" game 250 miles from campus and having more Michigan than Syracuse fans for a Syracuse home game is a joke. We can't claim to be a Northeast power and play series that are small time. That is why I would tell Michigan to play a 1 game series at Metlife and they get a little more of the gate and it can be a season opener "preseason" bowl game. Playing them Metlife/Big House is a NO GO.

1:1:1 sounds perfect.

Face it, sports fans - we're going to play games in NYC. Might as well make 'em high profile.
I have no problem with even a 2-1-1 arrangement I just hate 1-0-1 arrangements. We can't sellout our season ticket holders with primere home games. I get our stadium is small and we aren't in prime recruiting areas, but we should be able to get 1-1s with anyone except Florida, Alabama, LSU schools. The B1G schools are doable if we play our cards right, but the stupid Notre Dame series SET AN AWFUL precedent that Dr. Gross NEEDS to tell the other schools we are in a way better situation now. With a Big East paycheck versus an ACC paycheck and the fact we aren't bottom feeders anymore means we aren't taking completely 1-sided deals anymore.

I would love to get Michigan on our future schedules. 1 metlife game and home and home would work. if we played metlife game 1st they would probably want us to go there in game 2 then return to dome later.The metlife games should be the 1st game of the season as much as possible since the fair is going on still that week usually

If I recall, one of the reasons we stopped playing Penn State about 1990 is that they wanted to sign (in essence) a 10-year deal in which they got 6 or more of the home games.
That is correct.

I remember a Coach Mac interview at the time in which he indicated that that was PSU's position. Syracuse's response was 50/50 or not at all.

1-off games at MetLife and 1-1-1 deals are OK until the current deal is done. After that, I'd prefer it if MetLife wasn't an annual affair.

I would love to get Michigan on our future schedules. 1 metlife game and home and home would work. if we played metlife game 1st they would probably want us to go there in game 2 then return to dome later.The metlife games should be the 1st game of the season as much as possible since the fair is going on still that week usually

If I recall, one of the reasons we stopped playing Penn State about 1990 is that they wanted to sign (in essence) a 10-year deal in which they got 6 or more of the home games.

JoePa demanded a 6-4 deal.

Jake countered with a 4-4 deal, with a 2 year break.

That is correct.

I remember a Coach Mac interview at the time in which he indicated that that was PSU's position. Syracuse's response was 50/50 or not at all.

1-off games at MetLife and 1-1-1 deals are OK until the current deal is done. After that, I'd prefer it if MetLife wasn't an annual affair.

I am very okay with the MetLife games as long as:
- they are either a one-time game, or they are a part of a 1/1/1. The MetLife game should never be our home game in a one for one.
- we still have at least 6 games in the Dome each season.
- SU continues to develop the Brand as NYs College team. Cannot backslide on this. Have to keep pushing that agenda.
- SU actually uses the games to make headway with downstate alumni who have been less involved over the years. Lets get some money and support out of these folks.
- it remains on OOC opponent who is of interest to the NYC metro area.
- SUs Dome schedule remains strong.

While I generally agree with those that think this should always be an opener, I do not want SU opening with Michigan or OSU or Southern Cal every year. I would prefer we open in the Dome against a MAC or Iaa, and play the MetLife game in Week 2 or 3.

I have no problem with even a 2-1-1 arrangement I just hate 1-0-1 arrangements. We can't sellout our season ticket holders with primere home games. I get our stadium is small and we aren't in prime recruiting areas, but we should be able to get 1-1s with anyone except Florida, Alabama, LSU schools. The B1G schools are doable if we play our cards right, but the stupid Notre Dame series SET AN AWFUL precedent that Dr. Gross NEEDS to tell the other schools we are in a way better situation now. With a Big East paycheck versus an ACC paycheck and the fact we aren't bottom feeders anymore means we aren't taking completely 1-sided deals anymore.

Alsacs, didn't we go through this argument already in another thread? You will not win this argument about MetLife stadium and high profile games there regardless of what you believe.

Hang it up with this argument.

Alsacs, didn't we go through this argument already in another thread? You will not win this argument about MetLife stadium and high profile games there regardless of what you believe.

First, off its my opinion you don't have to agree. Second, I doubt either my position or the opposite have a clear majority of support. Third, why the heck do you care if I have an a reasonable opinion you disagree with. I believe what I said above either agree or disagree I am going to say this nicely don't tell me what to think or post. Ignore it or post your disagreeing opinion.

edit: In case you didn't realize atleast 2 people agree with me as they liked my post. Why the hell do you care what I think. Maybe we should move our campus to NYC as well and play all our games at Metlife. I mean who are you to tell me to hang up a legitimate argument. People don't behave like that either try to tell me why I am wrong or ignore the comment.

Metlife deals need to include home games too - home, away, neutral - (in any order). If it's just a one-off thing then I'm fine with Metlife, but if we're going to travel to your place, you travel to ours.

The Dome seats just under 50k. It's hardly some pissant stadium. Capacity wise it's 69 of 127 (and counting). Take out teams that play in large off campus stadiums and the Dome jumps 11 spots. The Dome is also larger than Northwestern's stadium, and Michigan shares a conference with them.

What's wrong with his argument? He's right and many would agree.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Michigan is playing at the Rent this year!

A 1-1-1 or a 1-1 (with the game at the Dome).

A one game series at MetLife would be okay too.

What's wrong with his argument? He's right and many would agree.

What's wrong with it is that he has stated it about 47,000 times on this forum and his opinion won't change the fact that SU plays these games for the money and exposure. Regardless if they are 1-1, 1-1-1 or 1 game arrangements, it is the vision of the AD and the school to be NY's college team and collect huge checks to play in NYC.

I am glad that you have determined that his opinion is "right" all on your own. Many might agree but the people in charge of the games disagree and that is all that matters.

If Alsacs thinks that we are now back to being "big time" after 2 successful seasons in 10 years then he is more delusional than I thought. There is much more work to be done before we can demand home & home game arrangements without the allure of NYC/Metlife and $5mil checks. Especially with the likes of Ped State, ND, Michigan and the real "big time" programs.

The truth is that when SU tried to get a home and home with Ped State and ND without MetLife, the answer was simple, they calmly answered NO and said they had bigger fish to fry. MetLife entered the picture and so did more dollars and the answer changed to YES. These are facts and all the griping and opinion isn't going to change it.

Reactions: 007
What's wrong with it is that he has stated it about 47,000 times on this forum and his opinion won't change the fact that SU plays these games for the money and exposure. Regardless if they are 1-1, 1-1-1 or 1 game arrangements, it is the vision of the AD and the school to be NY's college team and collect huge checks to play in NYC.

I am glad that you have determined that his opinion is "right" all on your own. Many might agree but the people in charge of the games disagree and that is all that matters.

If Alsacs thinks that we are now back to being "big time" after 2 successful seasons in 10 years then he is more delusional than I thought. There is much more work to be done before we can demand home & home game arrangements without the allure of NYC/Metlife and $5mil checks. Especially with the likes of Ped State, ND, Michigan and the real "big time" programs.

The truth is that when SU tried to get a home and home with Ped State and ND without MetLife, the answer was simple, they calmly answered NO and said they had bigger fish to fry. MetLife entered the picture and so did more dollars and the answer changed to YES. These are facts and all the griping and opinion isn't going to change it.

PedSt is a 1-1-1.

We'll save this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online