Mick Cronin or Jamie Dixon | Syracusefan.com

Mick Cronin or Jamie Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Prohm, Mark Schmidt, Matt Langel, or the pick I would get crushed for...Bruce Pearl.

Mike Boyton??!?
dude is 37 and they got him for a song. don't need to go high price or overpay. find someone with the passion to win and the youth and energy to make it happen with the right school and facilities. i was impressed.

Last edited:
Steve Prohm, Mark Schmidt, Matt Langel, or the pick I would get crushed for...Bruce Pearl.

I'd love Pearl. I love how hard his teams play and how they impose their will on people. Hes a major deusche bag. but i could live with that if he could bring home a 'ship

thank God we have an ad who will conduct a proper national search

I admire your certainty.
I haven't seen much spine from Wildhack so far.
JB seems to be calling his own shots.
I am about 80% certain that either Autry or McNamara is going to get handed the job by JB, as a result of the long-standing knowledge that "JB Don't Do Good-Bye Tours". This will likely be a Calhoun-to-Ollie kind of hand off around Labor Day in a few years to make sure his guy gets his shot.
JB is super loyal. He will put one of our current assistants in the job.
That will be very bad for the program. None of those guys is Hop. None of them have the personality, coaching chops or recruiting skill.

I would hire Chris Mack from Louisville, because some poster here got in a hissy fit when I suggested that Louisville was at least the same tier as Syracuse. He claimed the Syracuse job was significantly better...

I would hire Chris Mack from Louisville, because some poster here got in a hissy fit when I suggested that Louisville was at least the same tier as Syracuse. He claimed the Syracuse job was significantly better...

Louisville is borderline blue blood in a basketball crazy state. anyone that thinks they aren't on our level could only be correct if they mean they are above us

I'd love Pearl. I love how hard his teams play and how they impose their will on people. Hes a major deusche bag. but i could live with that if he could bring home a 'ship
Everyone I know thinks he was the sweetest soul. I think it’s really out of bounds to say that about someone who died.

dude is 37 and they got him for a song. don't need to go high price or overpay. find someone with the passion to win and the youth and energy to make it happen with the right school and facilities. i was impressed.

Are you kidding?:p He was a 35 year old alumni assistant with no head coaching experience who was promoted to head coach. Thought everyone said that wouldn’t work here. His 2 wins in Brooklyn brought his 3 year record over .500 (37-35). OSU bypassed hiring the associate head coach, Evans, who was also with Underwood to hire the younger assistant, Boynton, when Underwood left.

I agree that he seems to be doing a very good job at OSU but if we did the same thing OSU did by hiring him - so many fans would be up in arms that we could have done much better. Just proves that there are no absolute guarantees.

I admire your certainty.
I haven't seen much spine from Wildhack so far.
JB seems to be calling his own shots.
I am about 80% certain that either Autry or McNamara is going to get handed the job by JB, as a result of the long-standing knowledge that "JB Don't Do Good-Bye Tours". This will likely be a Calhoun-to-Ollie kind of hand off around Labor Day in a few years to make sure his guy gets his shot.
JB is super loyal. He will put one of our current assistants in the job.
That will be very bad for the program. None of those guys is Hop. None of them have the personality, coaching chops or recruiting skill.
Agree JB does the dictating right to the end, and ADJW sits and eats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom