Midway | Syracusefan.com

Midway

upperdeck

Living Legend
I wouldnt say its a great movie but its watchable. They tried to tell too much story in a 2 hr movie and its a bit hokey at times, but it has its moments. the CGI budget was stretched a bit thin in spots, some is well done and some looks like 50s ships in a bathtub filming.

Going this weekend. With my daughter of all people. Me because I love war films and am fascinated with the history, her because Nick Jonas:rolleyes:

A classic that should have been left alone
yeah. it does tell a bit of the story that wasnt really delved into in that one, but they really needed another hr to do it justice.

Just left the theater. The original is miles better.

This one is overly corny/dramatic at times. Dialogue is pretty cringey.

They left out key details of the battle and I felt like it glossed over the Japanese counter punches. Really tried to make the Japanese seem like dopes, which took away from the dramatic effect of the US attacks.

idk. I expected a lot more.

Remakes are fine if they do them right. They didn’t do this one right

Could tell from the trailer that it had no shot of being even decent.

Just got home. I liked it very much for a movie. I never saw the original, but will now.

Mandy Moore is hot. But she’s hotter in the 40s. Good Lord.

Just got home. I liked it very much for a movie. I never saw the original, but will now.

Mandy Moore is hot. But she’s hotter in the 40s. Good Lord.
She was cute when younger, she's a total smoke show now

Just from having the seen the trailer I completely dismissed this movie. It appeared to be the remake.sequel to the Michael Bay Pearl Harbor that nobody wanted. That movie was inane at best and this frankly looked worse. The trailer basically looked like "Armageddon on a mediocre-CGI WWII aircraft carrier."
There are some really good stories from the Pacific war that would make excellent movies, I just pray that none of these CGI, cheeseball, Hollywood blockbuster people get ahold of them.

Could tell from the trailer that it had no shot of being even decent.

The trailer felt kind of like the Pearl Harbor movie with Ben Affleck. More of a popcorn action film than a serious look at Midway.

if you want to do Midway right you need to Band of Brothers it. Self financing a movie like this reduced the budget by 100 Million and it was never gonna make 400 million no matter how good it was.

The trailer felt kind of like the Pearl Harbor movie with Ben Affleck. More of a popcorn action film than a serious look at Midway.
check out this video. but word of warning: i've been checking in regularly for 6 months looking for part 2!

if you want to do Midway right you need to Band of Brothers it. Self financing a movie like this reduced the budget by 100 Million and it was never gonna make 400 million no matter how good it was.

Speaking of Band of Brothers Hanks and company are doing a third installment called Masters of the Air. The downside is HBO passed on it and it will air on Apple TV+

wait for the chinese box office. the chinese love japanese humiliation . . . and the film was co-financed with chinese money.

A Lot Better than I Expected Woody was pretty Good.. "Band of Brothers was very Good except it had A Marine for an advisor (Dale Dye)

Last edited:
I get the feeling a lot of the anti-Midway folks here didn't see it. It was a good entertaining movie. Period. I think you can probably nit pick just about any movie out there, but is it necessary? As someone who isn't as knowledgeable about Midway, it allowed me some insight even if not 100% perfect. What story is?

BOB is the greatest thing. I own it and Pacific. So good.