Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

it's accurate from what i've heard from those in the know at BC. I heard Hopkins completely botched his interview with BC. He's a bit of a goofball and it probably didn't reasonate b/c they hired a completely opposite guy in Jimmy Christian.
No. The interview was over on the ridiculous first question asked by the B.C. people. They asked what he would do if the Syracuse job opened up right away. Now, this question had been answered before Hop took the interview. Hop wasn't a goofball during the interview.

No. The interview was over on the ridiculous first question asked by the B.C. people. They asked what he would do if the Syracuse job opened up right away. Now, this question had been answered before Hop took the interview. Hop wasn't a goofball during the interview.
Hop felt like they didn’t want him from jump. Interviewed him out of courtesy.

How would that be any different than your current employer giving you a reference to a potential new job?
How about Goodman isn’t Hop’s employer?

I’ll add that if an AD is listening to a media member as a top reference for a high profile job, said AD is probably not very good at his job.

I’ll add that if an AD is listening to a media member as a top reference for a high profile job, said AD is probably not very good at his job.

I mean they use search committees all the time too which is just as bad IMO.

His answer better have been he would return to syracuse. Hop is a good honest guy.

Yeah, nothing says hire me better than saying I will leave as soon as I get a chance.
He never wanted the job. Sometimes u take interviews for the interview experience. If he was offered he would have turned it down.

Why is it ridiculous for BC to ask that question again. Once you're in the room with the AD, boosters, etc the answer may differ once you realize you have their undivided attn and you are buying what they are selling.

I heard it from a few guys up there that his interview wasn't good. Why wouldn't they want to hire Mike Hopkins and build a Syracuse template? It made too much sense for BC. And BC had every right to ask that question 100x to figure out what the delta was in terms of hiring and then having to find his replacement if Boeheim peaced out 1 year later.

I told a multitude of guys at BC they should have hired Gerry this turn who spoke about Hopkins the first go. It made too much sense once again. but the definition of insanity is...

Why is it ridiculous for BC to ask that question again. Once you're in the room with the AD, boosters, etc the answer may differ once you realize you have their undivided attn and you are buying what they are selling.

I heard it from a few guys up there that his interview wasn't good. Why wouldn't they want to hire Mike Hopkins and build a Syracuse template? It made too much sense for BC. And BC had every right to ask that question 100x to figure out what the delta was in terms of hiring and then having to find his replacement if Boeheim peaced out 1 year later.

I told a multitude of guys at BC they should have hired Gerry this turn who spoke about Hopkins the first go. It made too much sense once again. but the definition of insanity is...
It was ridiculous because this was already asked and answered before he stepped foot on the B.C. campus. He would not have gone for interview if the answer was I'm going to leave for Syracuse the first chance I get. The B.C. people already had their answer to that question.

Maybe I read it wrong but I took it to mean that JB tried to help Hop get the job. Sorry if I misunderstood it.

It was ridiculous because this was already asked and answered before he stepped foot on the B.C. campus. He would not have gone for interview if the answer was I'm going to leave for Syracuse the first chance I get. The B.C. people already had their answer to that question.
Wasn’t it BC who was absolutely anal about any coach who shows any interest in another position whether it’s a truly serious inquiry or not? Didn’t they fire a good and successful football coach (long name beginning with a J) because he interviewed with the Jets? BC at the time said coaches no longer honor contracts,move around too much etc. Then BC fires it’s basketball coach mid season last year relieving him of all duties immediately despite Jim Christian having a year left on his contract. Hmm.

Wasn’t it BC who was absolutely anal about any coach who shows any interest in another position whether it’s a truly serious inquiry or not? Didn’t they fire a good and successful football coach (long name beginning with a J) because he interviewed with the Jets? BC at the time said coaches no longer honor contracts,move around too much etc. Then BC fires it’s basketball coaches mid season last year relieving him of all duties immediately despite Jim Christian having a year left on his contract. Hmm.

Jeff Jagodzinski.

hop - great recruiter...replacement level head coach. (based on results, imo)

hop - great recruiter...replacement level head coach. (based on results, imo)

Dumbest thing I have seen posted today. 9 games he coached here. Idc if he continues to finish bottom pac 12 he should still be the next hc for reasons you stated great recruiter we need talent he was bringing in here.

Dumbest thing I have seen posted today. 9 games he coached here. Idc if he continues to finish bottom pac 12 he should still be the next hc for reasons you stated great recruiter we need talent he was bringing in here.
fine. bring him back as an assistant after he gets fired from UW...

he doesnt know what to do with the talent he gets...steals players like Isiah Stewart from Cuse and does nothing with them. Dont want to see him as coach of the Orange, sentiments aside.

Now, he's in the mix for Dior, etc...honestly at this point he is a detriment to the Orange...a lot of players have both UW and SU on their recruiting lists...which is not a positive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom