Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

Just for you Hulk.
Hop was really nice to you at Hancock right:
I'm sure hop was impressed
Plane Airplane GIF

fine. bring him back as an assistant after he gets fired from UW...

he doesnt know what to do with the talent he gets...steals players like Isiah Stewart from Cuse and does nothing with them. Dont want to see him as coach of the Orange, sentiments aside.

Now, he's in the mix for Dior, etc...honestly at this point he is a detriment to the Orange...a lot of players have both UW and SU on their recruiting lists...which is not a positive.
And you know zilch about evaluating head coaching acumen. What has Hop done wrong with the talent he’s gotten? Please enlighten us with your brilliant basketball analysis.

And you know zilch about evaluating head coaching acumen. What has Hop done wrong with the talent he’s gotten? Please enlighten us with your brilliant basketball analysis.
man --- he was FIVE and 21 (!) last season...2 losing seasons out of 4? he didn't win much in his few games at SU, either. How much more do I need to know????????

is he your number 1 pick to succeed JB???

It's on threads like this where I wish Townie still posted. He's the biggest BC fan on the internet

Wasn’t it BC who was absolutely anal about any coach who shows any interest in another position whether it’s a truly serious inquiry or not? Didn’t they fire a good and successful football coach (long name beginning with a J) because he interviewed with the Jets? BC at the time said coaches no longer honor contracts,move around too much etc. Then BC fires it’s basketball coach mid season last year relieving him of all duties immediately despite Jim Christian having a year left on his contract. Hmm.

Jags lied about it to the AD's face. It was a completely disingenuous move on his part. He also inherited the Tom O'Brien team ironically enough. Not sure he was a big loss. They made a bad hire post Jags but that was a foolish move on his part.

Christian should have been (and would have been) fired had COVID not happened. This past year he needed to essentially get to the dance and i still think he was getting the boot especially with the new AD who came in.

Jags lied about it to the AD's face. It was a completely disingenuous move on his part. He also inherited the Tom O'Brien team ironically enough. Not sure he was a big loss. They made a bad hire post Jags but that was a foolish move on his part.

Christian should have been (and would have been) fired had COVID not happened. This past year he needed to essentially get to the dance and i still think he was getting the boot especially with the new AD who came in.

fine. bring him back as an assistant after he gets fired from UW...

he doesnt know what to do with the talent he gets...steals players like Isiah Stewart from Cuse and does nothing with them. Dont want to see him as coach of the Orange, sentiments aside.

Now, he's in the mix for Dior, etc...honestly at this point he is a detriment to the Orange...a lot of players have both UW and SU on their recruiting lists...which is not a positive.
What did I just read...

What did I just read...
How much overlap in recruiting was there between UW and SU before Hop went there?

Its not that big a deal...

but its not a good thing.

I dont hear anyone celebrating UConn offering every SU recruit...

Look -- he just had a 5 win, 21 loss season...

based on the meltdowns on this board from a team that just went to the Sweet Sixteen...

I would love to see how bad it would get with a season like that...

Hop has had 2 straight garbage seasons in a row...with rosters full of 3,4 and 5 star recruits!!

.I just don't think he is cut out to be head coach of SU...it would be a prime job that could attract a much better coach if it was available.

How much overlap in recruiting was there between UW and SU before Hop went there?

Its not that big a deal...

but its not a good thing.

I dont hear anyone celebrating UConn offering every SU recruit...

Look -- he just had a 5 win, 21 loss season...

based on the meltdowns on this board from a team that just went to the Sweet Sixteen...

I would love to see how bad it would get with a season like that...

Hop has had 2 straight garbage seasons in a row...with rosters full of 3,4 and 5 star recruits!!

.I just don't think he is cut out to be head coach of SU...it would be a prime job that could attract a much better coach if it was available.

I think Hopkins coming off a learning experience at a big school is exactly what I want. He's going to be a very good coach IMO. He may need to tweak things and incorporate different types of assistants but he's the type of guy you want at Syracuse post JAB.

I like Hop. I like the kind of person that he seems to be. I say it that way because I don't personally know him but he comes across in a great way. That said, the need for some on the board to think only a former Syracuse player and coach should always be the answer to the question "Who should be our next coach?" Is so tunnel visioned. I want the best coach, recruiters and people that will help Syracuse win and reflect upon Syracuse in a positive way. If after going through a full, wide ranging and open process that is a "Syracuse guy" then great but if not then I am also fine with that. Being a former Syracuse player/coach is not a must have criteria for me.

I like Hop. I like the kind of person that he seems to be. I say it that way because I don't personally know him but he comes across in a great way. That said, the need for some on the board to think only a former Syracuse player and coach should always be the answer to the question "Who should be our next coach?" Is so tunnel visioned. I want the best coach, recruiters and people that will help Syracuse win and reflect upon Syracuse in a positive way. If after going through a full, wide ranging and open process that is a "Syracuse guy" then great but if not then I am also fine with that. Being a former Syracuse player/coach is not a must have criteria for me.
Bravo. Thank you very much. Well said.

The jury is still out on Hop at this point. What
“Hoppens” this coming season will determine if he stays at Washington or is cut loose. If he has a strong rebound season he is not leaving Washington.
The AD at Washington has been very defensive of him, and he understands that I’m sure.
So one way or another he is not coming to Syracuse because if he fails at Washington he is not going to land in CNY as the Head Coach.
Hence if he excels at Washington his tenure will continue there.
So, one way or the other it is hard to see Hop back as Head Coach.
Of course I have been wrong before as my wife has reminded me on numerous occasions over the years.

Anyone think Hop and his Huskies have a prayer of beating the mighty Jackrabbits of SDSU?

Vegas doesn't think so 8 point dogs.

(The game is in Sanford Pentagon in SF, SD but its not on campus.)

Good start for UW they look good lots of experience transferred in.

No clue how they lost to Wyoming and Northern IL.

I'm sure they will find a way to lose mind you.

Terrell Brown Jr. scored 32 for UW. Arizona transfer in his first year here. They will need all his points! Nevada for them tomorrow.

Seems like East coast recruiting ties are drying up; now Mike needs to grow a more natural recruiting structure for UDub. Think he will succeed, if he's given the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom