Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

they play Nevada tonight. Nevada -4

I am taking the Huskies!

Roberts is a big dude and the rest of the team has size and experience. They look better than Oregon.

He's simply not a very good coach. Great guy, tremendous energy, good recruiter. But we dodged a bullet here.
And I’m very much against hiring from inside the family. But outside the family is risky after an institutional coach. I don’t envy Wildhack. He’s got a helluva mess on hand between football basketball (mens and womens), and we’ll see how lacrosse goes.

And I’m very much against hiring from inside the family. But outside the family is risky after an institutional coach. I don’t envy Wildhack. He’s got a helluva mess on hand between football basketball (mens and womens), and we’ll see how lacrosse goes.

If you look at Boeheim's coaching tree, there are no home runs period. I'm not a fan of hiring any of the assistants either as a continuity hire. They are also culpable for the situation we find ourselves in. Even if they know what the problems are and how they can be fixed, they haven't been able to convince the head guy or haven't dared to bring it up. Would that change with the former guy living a few miles from Manley? Not a chance I'd want to take. It's becoming very clear that we don't need continuity. We need a break from the Boeheim line.

If you look at Boeheim's coaching tree, there are no home runs period. I'm not a fan of hiring any of the assistants either as a continuity hire. They are also culpable for the situation we find ourselves in. Even if they know what the problems are and how they can be fixed, they haven't been able to convince the head guy or haven't dared to bring it up. Would that change with the former guy living a few miles from Manley? Not a chance I'd want to take. It's becoming very clear that we don't need continuity. We need a break from the Boeheim line.
The issue is that JAB has a LOT of pull at SU and support from the donors & board. It’s going to be very difficult to convince the powers that be that an outside hire is the best course of action.

The worse the end is for JB, the less say he will have in his successor.
JB has more power than Wildhack.
JB won’t be told when he is done and he will have a major say unless their is a scandal in the next HC.
He won’t be able to cram GMac in but he will have a major say no matter his exit. JB has donors ears.
Plus he has the people on here who won’t be objective and believe everything he says.

JB won’t be told when he is done and he will have a major say unless their is a scandal in the next HC.
He won’t be able to cram GMac in but he will have a major say no matter his exit. JB has donors ears.
Plus he has the people on here who won’t be objective and believe everything he says.

Can it really be assumed that everyone who has ever been a donor will never develop a differing view, or hasn't already? Money tends to follow its own interests.

Pitino wasn’t a home run? Let’s not get caught up in the hyperbole, please. We all know it’s not looking good for JB this year w/ this team, but I’ll reserve judgement after it’s all done.
And, I’d love to see Red take over- I think he’ll do a great job. JMHO

Pitino wasn’t a home run? Let’s not get caught up in the hyperbole, please. We all know it’s not looking good for JB this year w/ this team, but I’ll reserve judgement after it’s all done.
Wasn’t pitino a single season asst?

Wasn’t pitino a single season asst?
Key word there is assistant. Pitino himself talks about how he was recruited onto JB’s staff & his role in getting Rosie Bouie to SU.
One season or no, he is universally recognized as coming from the Boeheim tree.

The worse the end is for JB, the less say he will have in his successor.
If this team doesn’t shoot 45% from 3 the rest of the way, it isn’t going to end well.

And quite frankly, Wildhack needs to put on his big boy pants and make a difficult decision. Will it ruffle a few feathers if he doesn’t listen to JB? Probably.

But what’s good for the program and what JB thinks should happen are not the same thing.

Even the most ardent JB supporters can see what we are. A .500 team in the ACC and a bubble team.

Whether they get swayed by a few good matchups in the NCAA Tournament is anyone’s guess. But just because he has the ear of donors doesn’t mean the donors don’t want what is best for the program first and foremost.

JB has completely lost all credibility with me as it relates to judgement of players and handling of rosters/program.I’m sure I am not alone.

That doesn’t mean I don’t love him for what he did for SU and the program. But if he’s given 51% of the vote, it’s a huge mistake.

Even the most ardent JB supporters can see what we are. A .500 team in the ACC and a bubble team.

Whether they get swayed by a few good matchups in the NCAA Tournament is anyone’s guess. But just because he has the ear of donors doesn’t mean the donors don’t want what is best for the program first and foremost.

JB has completely lost all credibility with me as it relates to judgement of players and handling of rosters/program.I’m sure I am not alone.

That doesn’t mean I don’t love him for what he did for SU and the program. But if he’s given 51% of the vote, it’s a huge mistake.
JB has more influence than Wildhack.
The Big donors and political capital JB has is real.

It’s doubtful JB could crown GMac as the next HC like I honestly think he would want to do. JB will not be told when he is done as HC.

JB supporters on here think fans who are realist and don’t bend the kneel are spoiled brats and should shut up. I completely disagree with what you say.

I mean Pitino was only here for a cup of coffee.

Still say you offer Oats a blank check (within reason). Alabama’s not a career job for a guy like him.
He's my number one guy and it's very doable because no one cares about hoops at Bama and Oates knows it.

We need a relentless recruiter. I don’t want someone to only play zone. Players want to play in the NBA and the zone doesn’t excite them. Today’s players are not the same as players from 20 years ago. I want players with toughness and a decent body, not guys afraid to make contact. Smaller, quicker guards can be disruptive. Boy, do I miss guys like Flynn who you couldn’t keep in front of you. Big, strong bigs who aren’t afraid to put someone on the floor. We have become the softest team in the NCAA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom