Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

Washington just forfeited to UCLA because of COVID-19. Is this the final straw for Hop? Could he have done something? Tighter reins on his players? More emphatic about following protocols? Probably not, but forfeiting a game is bad look.

Washington just forfeited to UCLA because of COVID-19. Is this the final straw for Hop? Could he have done something? Tighter reins on his players? More emphatic about following protocols? Probably not, but forfeiting a game is bad look.
He could have developed a more robust vaccine and rolled out a comprehensive plan to get everyone on Earth vaccinated.

Hopefully this doesn't comes down on Hop but giving away free wins is never a good thing. He needs a good plan.

Not on him. 3 of the 4 teams that played in the tourney in SD have Covid cases.

I don't think there's anything anyone can do to stop the spread of omicron. The good news is that everyone I know who has it has a minor cold.

I still say he’s the best option (among the realistic options) to replace Boeheim. He is undoubtedly learning a lot through this experience at UW, things our other candidates will have to learn while at the helm of our own ship.

I still say he’s the best option (among the realistic options) to replace Boeheim. He is undoubtedly learning a lot through this experience at UW, things our other candidates will have to learn while at the helm of our own ship.
In terms of recruiting and player retention, yes. What else does he bring to the table, though?

good recruiter but does he know how to actually coach?

Nah, he’s clearly a bad coach who can’t build a program. I can’t imagine how the alumni and boosters would react if you bring in a guy who had 3-4 straight losing seasons to replace a coach who has never even had 1. He’s an assistant and recruiting lead at best. Syracuse needs to look outside the family for the next hire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom