Mike Hopkins is a genius | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins is a genius

Imagine if he was still here to help groom this team with Jim? Never know what you have till it’s gone.

It's actually crazy what he has accomplished in 1 year from a fan base perspective. Almost all of my friends are die hard Husky fans and Coach Pete has been here for 5 years and been to the championship playoff and one like 10 games a year on average. In the last 2 years or so many people will say "In Coach Pete we trust" about things involving the program. If Petersen thinks it makes sense we are behind it basically. Towards the end of the basketball season people were already saying in Coach Hop we trust. I mean it's amazing the entire fan base loves him and thinks that whatever he says and does is correct. There is literally zero people questioning him. Towards the end of the year they lost to Oregon 2 times (their biggest rival) and Oregon State once during the regular season and in the first round of the PAC 12 tourney. Oregon State was terrible. The fans I met and my friends I talked to didn't even care. They were literally on cloud 9. I had one friend text me he was re-watching the Arizona game. This was last week. It's June. These people are starving for success it's kind of crazy.

With Seattle being the nation's coffee capital, is Starbucks even considered good coffee there?
There are not as many coffee snob here as you would think. It is literally on every corner and most people go there. There are also smaller places that some people like but Starbucks is very popular. Also the fact it is so big helps. People in Seattle like to support really big business that started here. Like Starbucks, Amazon, Costco, Microsoft etc. There is a segment of the city that loves the Sonics and blames Schultz for selling the team and them moving away though.

Hop gets it. He is getting the fans behind his program 100%. Great move.
He already has them. People already love him almost universally. He is returning everyone and has a few players coming in that will help. They don't have a PG but I think they will be a top 3 team in the conference next year and then the people will absolutely go crazy.

Hopkin’s is KILLING it at UW. That being said, this tournament run proves JB was and is the genius in this program, and he still has juice left.

The intent of the post wasn't to say JB should have retired and we would be better off or anything like that. Just that Hopkins is really smart and has his new program on the fast track in my opinion. I'm not saying that is what you are saying but just wanted to be clear.

Loved Hop when he was here, and still do. This is a classy move from a classy guy. Wish him (and the Huskies) crazy success, as long as it doesn't involve beating Cuse!

And, who knows? Maybe he'll even come back one day...

we lost a great one. person and coach.

And who's fault might that be?

I believe it's the fault of a great one, too.

Hope we're able to be lucky with the next one we have. I think football may have one.

The intent of the post wasn't to say JB should have retired and we would be better off or anything like that. Just that Hopkins is really smart and has his new program on the fast track in my opinion. I'm not saying that is what you are saying but just wanted to be clear.
My apologies my post was not meant to be a snipe at all at this thread. Love honoring Hop

Anyone wonder if we will soon schedule them at the dome? Good Lord, there could be 35,000 there. Home & Home would be great.
Actually, that would make me very nervous/queasy. I wouldn’t want to beat Hop or lose to him. I am so proud of his success! What do they say about a prophet having no honor in his own country? We weren’t 100% sold on him; that was obvious. He was in a very difficult position and so was Boeheim. I think the right decision was made.

Anyone wonder if we will soon schedule them at the dome? Good Lord, there could be 35,000 there. Home & Home would be great.
I would be surprised. Boeheim has talked about how he doesn’t enjoy playing friends. I think he was asked this question last year on his radio show and I think that was his answer. We play Eastern Michigan every year though.

az_cubs_hooters_girls.jpg

Actually, that would make me very nervous/queasy. I wouldn’t want to beat Hop or lose to him. I am so proud of his success! What do they say about a prophet having no honor in his own country? We weren’t 100% sold on him; that was obvious. He was in a very difficult position and so was Boeheim. I think the right decision was made.
I don’t know who these people are who weren’t sold on him. I thought most people understood Hop taking over for JB was the right move 100%.

I don’t know who these people are who weren’t sold on him. I thought most people understood Hop taking over for JB was the right move 100%.

There were some who would prefer a coach with head coaching experience take over after JB and in the interest of full transparency, I fully admit I was one of them.

There were plenty. Some just wanted him to go get some HC experience first but there were others that were vicious because of the 9 games he did coach here or because they wanted a big name proven coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom