Mike McQueary... | Syracusefan.com

Mike McQueary...

jvbj01

All Conference
MM was the last Penn State QB to win a game. This happened in 1997.

Why MM did nothing wrong.

Aside from being a 26 year old former BCS quarterback whose initial reaction to seeing a decrepit old man raping a 10 year old boy was to run home and call his daddy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Why MM did nothing wrong.

Agree. He reported it, and then just kept on coaching there. Like nothing happened. Hope he finds a job again soon! Poor guy.

He did what he was required to do nothing more nothing less. You are not required to get involved when something happens.

He did what he was required to do nothing more nothing less. You are not required to get involved when something happens.

If you saw a boy getting raped, would you call your dad or call the police?

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but is it so difficult to pick up a phone and call 911?

Doing the bare minimum isn't good enough in the workplace. It sure as hell isn't good enough when you witness a criminal act like this.

Doing the bare minimum isn't good enough in the workplace. It sure as hell isn't good enough when you witness a criminal act like this.

whoa whoa whoa, when the hell did the bare minimum stop being good enough in the workplace?~

whoa whoa whoa, when the hell did the bare minimum stop being good enough in the workplace?~
According to my boss, right around the same time I got my last performance evaluation.

If you saw a boy getting raped, would you call your dad or call the police?

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but is it so difficult to pick up a phone and call 911?

I honestly believe that McQueary's actions (or lack there of) reflect what about 90% of people would have done had they been in his exact same circumstances.

Sandusky still had access to the facilities after 2001. McQueary was promoted after that date.

He met the letter of the law that is all that's required. The only people you are responsible for are you and your family the actions of everyone else aren't really your concern.

He met the letter of the law that is all that's required. The only people you are responsible for are you and your family the actions of everyone else aren't really your concern.
I get where you're coming from, but whatever happened to decency and integrity and doing the right thing, even if it means doing more than just what is required of you by the letter of the law?

Yeah well if i saw that i couldnt live with the thought that i hadnt stopped it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Everyone has different responses, what would I have done I would like to think I would have picked up a baseball bat and connected with Sandusky head. The problem is who knows the thought of seeing that are fairly horrific and perhaps I'd end up in shock too when I saw someone I respected engaged in that act.

Tell that to Jerry Seinfeld.

That's true. And that's why he's not in jail.

But it's also why he'll be launching a new career instead of the career he wanted. Who will want to send their kid to play for him?

Even if McQ did do all that is required under the law does not mean he should not have done more. It is hard to do the right thing. In my mind he did not do enough.

He was morally responsible for intervening on that child's behalf. Legally? Okay, he could sit down with a Gatorade and watch, I suppose. He chose to flee. Told Dad. He obviously was thinking selfishly. How was this going to affect his career at PSU. He told Joe. Joe passed it off, or downplayed it, or whatever Joe did. MM parlayed it into a coaching gig, continued to associate with Sandusky -- played in his golf tournament, etc.

There are others who will go to jail in all of this. MM never will. But he will live with a guilty conscience (if he has one) for the rest of his life.

He was morally responsible for intervening on that child's behalf. Legally? Okay, he could sit down with a Gatorade and watch, I suppose. He chose to flee. Told Dad. He obviously was thinking selfishly. How was this going to affect his career at PSU. He told Joe. Joe passed it off, or downplayed it, or whatever Joe did. MM parlayed it into a coaching gig, continued to associate with Sandusky -- played in his golf tournament, etc.

There are others who will go to jail in all of this. MM never will. But he will live with a guilty conscience (if he has one) for the rest of his life.

This seems key to me. There probably is no proof that the coaching gig was offered as a form of hush money, but appearances may be everything in this instance.

I honestly believe that McQueary's actions (or lack there of) reflect what about 90% of people would have done had they been in his exact same circumstances.

Holy Christ I hope not. You may be right but remember -- it wasn't what happened on that day. It was what happened on that day and then for years afterwards. Living with that guilt has to be (should be) almost unbearable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom