Mikey Powell about Navy LAX and the meaning of Memorial Day | Syracusefan.com

Mikey Powell about Navy LAX and the meaning of Memorial Day

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The last college lacrosse game I ever played was on Memorial Day inside the walls of M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. This was the 22nd straight final four appearance for our program, so needless to say we were no strangers to the spotlight and the electric energy of the NCAA National Championship game. Most of our fans were so used to us being there every season that they would book their hotel rooms a year in advance. I remember and cherish all of my memories of playing college lacrosse but this particular Monday in May will go down as one of the most vivid...

Community & Country – Powell Lacrosse Sticks

That was a great game and a great season, but I still had some ambivalence that day. There was no fun in beating Navy.

Mikey didn't happen to mention who scored the winning goal, but then the article wasn't about him.

The last college lacrosse game I ever played was on Memorial Day inside the walls of M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. This was the 22nd straight final four appearance for our program, so needless to say we were no strangers to the spotlight and the electric energy of the NCAA National Championship game. Most of our fans were so used to us being there every season that they would book their hotel rooms a year in advance. I remember and cherish all of my memories of playing college lacrosse but this particular Monday in May will go down as one of the most vivid...

Community & Country – Powell Lacrosse Sticks
Thank you for posting this article. A beautiful rememberance that reflects back with great perspective, a beautiful tribute honoring the Looney family and all our serviceman who have lost their lives. Memorial Day is much more than the start of summer or any lax final however great. God Bless our troops, past and present.