OK, here is a few tidbits from my visit:
Caveat: not sure how good or bad Hudson Valley the opponent was, but Milford mishandled them in all three phases of the game (O, D and ST)
- Broyld - definitely a "man amongst boys." Saw him throw for 2 TDs and run like 60 yards for another. Best play though was one he gained like 3-4 yards. He was bottled up on a broken play, bounced off like 2 guys and dragged 3 others for a positive play.
- Smallwood -- didn't play and was not in pads. Not sure why as he didn't look injured.
- I have gotten a few questions on a potential recruit Jordan Turner, Free safety who played in VA and MD. Here is a short take on him: I am no expert, but to me definitely a D1 recruit - played great in run support, good instincts, moved his hips well and certainly looks the part. Didn't see his first interception (I was late getting down there), but good anticipation and leaping ability to get the second one. One thing I did like for intangibles was his demeanor on the sidelines.
- Not sure of his name as he isn't on Milford's roster, but #88 is huge TE/WR who looks 6'6" and might be worth looking at.
- Didn't really notice Tavion Cappe to be honest.
- Very impressed by some of their coaches - very engaging and knowledgeable. Cool going to the game as you are right up close to the team and coaches and can hear basically everything.
- #3 Donte Dotson - undersized kid (like 5'8") and I guess is a temple recruit, but had several great returns and might be worth checking out for STs alone
- #44 OLB Tyler Matakevich - originally from CT - decent player, big talker (at least on the sidelines). I can see him as a Plan B recruit. Technically sound, not sure of his athleticism
- Trent Corney -- supposedly the athletic freak athlete from Canada. Didn't have a roster with numbers so didn't notice him
- 3rd string QB Paul Magliore who I remember came to at least a Jr Day (originally from Lynbrook, NY) was athletic and decent. I see him like a Kinder-type QB and needs work. Don't think SU would offer him.
- One other kid I did like that had a good motor on him was DT Ekpen Iduoze, about 6'2"335 (can lose weight) and originally from Harrisburg, PA. Colorado offered him in June. I know we don't have room for many if any more DTs given the pending commit by Haley and the open one for Jarron Jones, but if someone does back out he might be worth the effort.
Wish I had more.