Millhouse...were you doing shots with Huggins in Pittsburgh this weekend? | Syracusefan.com

Millhouse...were you doing shots with Huggins in Pittsburgh this weekend?

He thought he'd have time to sober up after JB gave the "Our Man-to-Man Defensive Concepts" speech, which was scheduled for 3:29 P.M.

Too bad. I've come to like the guy.

funny for us, but this could be very bad news for Bingin' Bobby IIRC, his contract with WVU had language in it that required him to stay clean and sober

funny for us, but this could be very bad news for Bingin' Bobby IIRC, his contract with WVU had language in it that required him to stay clean and sober

I would think that without actual proof, ie a breathalyzer or a police statement there would be no way to get a contract violation out of this.

http://deadspin.com/5902766/?utm_ca...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Most D-1 coaches lobby their AD for a new practice facility...Huggins is lobbying for a wet bar and strippers.
he got two pickets to titsburgh

when he's really drunk, he loses the power of speech and struggles to grunt out "tequila". no exaggeration.

i really wish i had saved that post. how many years has it been? it's been a long time since i was blind drunk at woody's on wednesday nights. It was after dermarr johnson, he was the name I dropped to try to give myself some credibility as a supposed fan of his. jermaine bell was still in high school (that was my theory for why he'd be in rochester). it was years before he answered "yes" to the cops question of "how many drinks have you had"

"Bad shot lead to bad passes!"

I agree....this is classic coaching clinic material.....why would anyone think he was drunk? Your point guard has too many bad tequila shots before a game and you know you'll see some bad passes every time.

he got two pickets to titsburgh

when he's really drunk, he loses the power of speech and struggles to grunt out "tequila". no exaggeration.

i really wish i had saved that post. how many years has it been? it's been a long time since i was blind drunk at woody's on wednesday nights. It was after dermarr johnson, he was the name I dropped to try to give myself some credibility as a supposed fan of his. jermaine bell was still in high school (that was my theory for why he'd be in rochester). it was years before he answered "yes" to the cops question of "how many drinks have you had"
That was one of the all=time classic posts on syracusefan.com (whatever incarnation we were in then).

I like the Smoking Musket version of the event: Link

Here's an excerpt:

Heck, if I had to get up in front of hundreds of coaches and talk about offensive concepts after my team just finished 141st in the country in shooting percentage and 275th in 3-point shooting percentage, I'd probably need a few shots too. In fact, WVU's offensive performance throughout the year probably begs the question of whether Huggins was drunk at practice while he was trying to teach the concepts to his team:

"Okay, guys, here's what we're gonna do. I want Gary to bring the ball up and dribble around til there's about 12 seconds left on the shot clock. If he hasn't turned it over by then, everyone else stand still while Truck tries to get open so Gary knows to throw the ball to the guy who is moving. Kevin, you're our best player, so stay as far away from the play as you can so you don't get hurt. Truck, when the clock gets down below 5 seconds, try to throw up something off-balance, preferably a 3. Kevin, that's when you try to get the rebound and put it back in. Deniz, if Kevin doesn't get the rebound, I want you to grab it and either barrel into someone for a charge or put up one of those running hook shots with your off-hand. But for God's sake, don't get fouled."​

I have a mental image of Huggy and the Kool Aid guy doing body shots off of each other with a lot of sloppy tongue wagging.