Mind blowing stat for Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Mind blowing stat for Tyler Ennis

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
From ESPN:

If Ennis produced at the same level for the whole game that he does in the final 5 minutes, he would average 28.3 points, 7.5 assists and 0 turnovers.

Wowza. And they call Carmelo an elite closer!!

mayselc

Scout Team
Does that mean we finally have a nickname for Ennis besides "The Creator?"
Is "The Sandman" in contention?

85SUAlum

2nd String
Does that mean we finally have a nickname for Ennis besides "The Creator?"
Is "The Sandman" in contention?

I still think the best nickname is Tyler "Ice" Ennis. The kid is just so cool at all times.
Really going to be sad to see him leave after this year.

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
85SUAlum said:
I still think the best nickname is Tyler "Ice" Ennis. The kid is just so cool at all times. Really going to be sad to see him leave after this year.
If he brings us the title like Carmelo I'll be good with his leaving.

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
85SUAlum said:
I still think the best nickname is Tyler "Ice" Ennis. The kid is just so cool at all times. Really going to be sad to see him leave after this year.
There you go, you kinda said it Tyler "SO COOL" Ennis. I like it!

Eagles20

2nd String
He also got the game rolling for syracuse early today...it was nice to see him start the game aggressive. For a freshman in such a huge game, that was incredible. The kid is just as steady of a player that I have ever watched. That floater he hit late was a tough shot that he made look easy.

jekelish

Living Legend
I still think the best nickname is Tyler "Ice" Ennis. The kid is just so cool at all times.
Really going to be sad to see him leave after this year.
I believe Lawrinson made a PhotoShop of Tyler as Iceman (from the X-Men) earlier this year. I think Iceman fits the kid pretty damn well.

tbonezone

Living Legend
toonie

1189_456273000f34dc4L.jpg

OttoinGrotto

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner 3 Point Shooting %
From ESPN:

If Ennis produced at the same level for the whole game that he does in the final 5 minutes, he would average 28.3 points, 7.5 assists and 0 turnovers.

Wowza. And they call Carmelo an elite closer!!
Does the last 5 of regulation and the 5 minutes in overtime both count?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
He also got the game rolling for syracuse early today...it was nice to see him start the game aggressive. For a freshman in such a huge game, that was incredible. The kid is just as steady of a player that I have ever watched. That floater he hit late was a tough shot that he made look easy.

His floaters are the one part of his game that reminds me of Sherman Douglas. Sherm used to drive the lane and loop those teardrop shots over big defenders.

LennX6

All Conference
Mariano= The Closer

Ennis= The Closer?...seems so.
This came to me today as whenever is gets to the 4 min mark in a game, I say to myself "It's Tyler Ennis Time".
He told us all during the Carelton game that was going to be his MO.
Today a light went off, wow Mariano's gone, long live the new Mariano.
Same demeanor, coolness...
That's where that came from

LennX6

All Conference
His floaters are the one part of his game that reminds me of Sherman Douglas. Sherm used to drive the lane and loop those teardrop shots over big defenders.
But he does something different , he almost "sets it in the hole". Ya know? I've seen the longer, bigger guys like Hak do it, but with the way Tyler does it, its like ballet.

SmilinBob

Hall of Fame
He's like Rolaids or Tums to me...you're getting all nervous and then he takes over and makes the heartburn go away. I suppose, the closer trophy in baseball is called the Rolaids Award so maybe there is something to this closer thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanalways

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom