Mind blowing | Syracusefan.com

Mind blowing

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
The best video in the history of the interwebs.

I'm sure its been seen by all, but every now and then I remember it and go watch it. It is just as freakish the 10th time as the first.

if kids would learn just a couple things from watching him run.. keep your legs moving, and use the lead arm to defend the blow.. he didnt really stiff arm he just held the D off so they couldnt complete the tackle.

How about the play at 1:40 where is he is dead-to-rights in the backfield and stiff arms the guy so hard his helmet blows off, then outruns everybody all the way to the 4 yard line where he is horse collared but proceeds to drag the guy into the endzone with him. Absolutely amazing play. I don't think I have seen a player with his combo of size, strength, speed, and balance.

How about the play at 1:40 where is he is dead-to-rights in the backfield and stiff arms the guy so hard his helmet blows off, then outruns everybody all the way to the 4 yard line where he is horse collared but proceeds to drag the guy into the endzone with him. Absolutely amazing play. I don't think I have seen a player with his combo of size, strength, speed, and balance.

And let us not forget that he retired while still in his prime! The man wasn't even close to peaking!

I'm sure its been seen by all, but every now and then I remember it and go watch it. It is just as freakish the 10th time as the first.
holy cow, never seen that. What amazing agility, quickness and acceleration. He was Bo Jackson before Bo Jackson. Thanks for posting that.

I find it incredible that such old footage can be so crystal clear. Oh Jim Brown was great too :p.

The greatest of all time.

Thanks for posting!

I remember seeing just about every one of those plays when it happened. Watched every game he played that was televised.

Have you ever seen him person?

His head and neck are huge, makes Floyd's look......well......um.....little.

I remember seeing just about every one of those plays when it happened. Watched every game he played that was televised.

Have you ever seen him person?

His head and neck are huge, makes Floyd's look......well......um.....little.

Saw him in 2005.

At 70 he looked a lot younger than that - big and strong.

The greatest of all time.

Thanks for posting!
I saw this before and it further convinces me that big Jim was left behind by the mother ship and violated the prime directive which was not to show the earthlings just how inconsequential they are when dealing with the super aliens from a galaxy far faraway.:eek:

That's gotta be my favorite play on the video.

He's different than many of today's RBs, though. Almost looks like he takes long strides, where today's RB has short legs that move quickly, Jim ran like a receiver.

That was a great video piece on Jim Brown. Just incredible what he did on that field.

The music to the video was good as well!

Tremendous !! It's hard to find video of Jim Brown from his days at Syracuse. That was priceless. Thanks so much for sharing.

The college footage was really cool.

A question for the oldtimers of the board: Whenever I see old highlight films, one of the things that sticks out to me is the goalposts right on the goal line. Was this an issue back in the day? IE with players running into them, balls bouncing off them, getting used to set picks, etc.

The college footage was really cool.

A question for the oldtimers of the board: Whenever I see old highlight films, one of the things that sticks out to me is the goalposts right on the goal line. Was this an issue back in the day? IE with players running into them, balls bouncing off them, getting used to set picks, etc.
College:

"Field Goals. Goal posts, originally placed on the goal line, were moved back 10 yards to the rear of the end zone in 1927 in an effort to avert injuries by ball carriers or other players running into the uprights. That move, of course, increased the distance for field goal tries by 10 yards. In 1959, in a successful attempt to bring the field goal back into college prominence, the distance between the goal posts was increased nearly 5 feet to a width of 23 feet, 4 inches. Because of a proliferation of successful field goals over the next three decades, the rule makers in 1988 disallowed the kicking tee for field goal and conversion attempts, and in 1991 returned the goal post width to 18 feet, 6 inches.

he runs like brandon jacobs. not sure how much his yardage was padded against inferior athletes of the day, though. linebackers back then sure are not what they are now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom