Mini Rant: People heading to the exits when TC was shooting free throws | Syracusefan.com

Mini Rant: People heading to the exits when TC was shooting free throws

Those people should not be allowed back in the Carrier Dome to watch this team play basketball for the rest of the season in my opinion. In the One and One 45-42 game under 1 remaining.

Probably the same ones unison clapping at the start of each half till we scored. Tired them out esp in the second half.

Those people should not be allowed back in the Carrier Dome to watch this team play basketball for the rest of the season in my opinion. In the One and One 45-42 game under 1 remaining.

Flat out ridiculous. And those "what do you care, they can do what they want" people can save it. It's flat out disrespectful, rude, and selfish as thousands of people's views are at least partially blocked as they step over people to get out of their row and then block the views of everyone sitting along the aisles as they leave. You have to be either really dumb to be that oblivious, or you just don't care that you're bothering people and ruining their enjoyment of the game.

If you're going to leave early, you better do it on a timeout.

Agreed. Pisses me off. Mentioned it to my friend as well.

I had to catch the game on the radio today and Matt and Jim talked about it as well. I would have a hard time under any circumstance to understand why people wouldn't budget that extra time in their game day experience. Where were they going?

I had to catch the game on the radio today and Matt and Jim talked about it as well. I would have a hard time under any circumstance to understand why people wouldn't budget that extra time in their game day experience. Where were they going?

Penney's had a sale. :rolleyes:

Where were they going?

image.jpg

I don't get it, do these people go to the store, shop and leave without buying anything? Do they go to the movies and leave before the end? Do they order desert, pay the bill and leave it on the table? Again I don't get it?

I been going to home games since the late 60's. People were doing it then. We would yell, "where are you going? Home to watch 'Love, American Style'?"

Happens at every arena

When I went to the SU @ Notre Dame football game in 2005, I was blown away at how nobody left early. We lost like 31-10 in a game that was never in doubt. When the game ended, virtually everyone stayed put while the band played the alma mater. It was strange, it was as if the fans actually enjoyed the college sports experience.

These are the types of people that are soo stupid they think SU is an NBA team. they act as like its their their fanhood birth right when the team wins and every loss is inexcusable. as if we have millionaire paid professionals on our squad.

hint to you morons....THE OTHER TEAM HAS PLAYERS ON SCHOLLY AS WELL.

Fair weather fans and old people. I've watched them all season bolt early as they walk in front of me to hit the exit. They suck but I will give them credit for at least showing up in person, even it they show up late and leave early. At least they're not complaining about the parking.

I can't explain it. BillOrange is right, and he's been around here a lot longer than I have. It's been as much an SU Basketball tradition as Dome Dogs. People have always left and will continue to do so because it's like a badge of honor to make it down the hill and onto 81 without having to hit your brakes except for a traffic light.

People who leave early to avoid traffic hang ups should stop parking in bad spots. I know that if I park in the VA garage it's going to be hell getting out, so I stay behind and wait for the clog to pass.

If people want to leave early, then leave with 5:00 minutes to go. Leaving with only a minute left gains you nothing with regards to beating traffic. Zippo.

I can't explain it. BillOrange is right, and he's been around here a lot longer than I have. It's been as much an SU Basketball tradition as Dome Dogs. People have always left and will continue to do so because it's like a badge of honor to make it down the hill and onto 81 without having to hit your brakes except for a traffic light.

People who leave early to avoid traffic hang ups should stop parking in bad spots. I know that if I park in the VA garage it's going to be hell getting out, so I stay behind and wait for the clog to pass.

If people want to leave early, then leave with 5:00 minutes to go. Leaving with only a minute left gains you nothing with regards to beating traffic. Zippo.
Regarding parking in the VA garage, do you need a pass on game days or is it the standard $20. I'm bringing family to the Duke game and need to pre-plan because of health issues. I see that the VA has the bridge across Crouse Ave so that would be ideal. I'm so used to walking up the steps from Marshall that I've never noticed it before but the in and out access would be really helpful.

Ya, the VA garage gives me nightmares

Regarding parking in the VA garage, do you need a pass on game days or is it the standard $20. I'm bringing family to the Duke game and need to pre-plan because of health issues. I see that the VA has the bridge across Crouse Ave so that would be ideal. I'm so used to walking up the steps from Marshall that I've never noticed it before but the in and out access would be really helpful.
Don't be in a rush to leave. Also, When you You exit the garage to get to the Dome you

have to go to the third level, by elevator, then you are on street level. Which leaves quite an upward haul to the a Dome. If health issues are a concern, maybe not a good idea

Don't be in a rush to leave. Also, When you You exit the garage to get to the Dome you

have to go to the third level, by elevator, then you are on street level. Which leaves quite an upward haul to the a Dome. If health issues are a concern, maybe not a good idea
no rush to leave and we'll be getting there early. I saw the bridge across the street was on the roof level of the garage which is where I'm hoping to park. I'm just looking for the best way to get him to the handicapped section in 204/205. I don't need wheelchair access he can walk just fine, it's the crowd aspect. He has the tendency to get seizures and this game is probably going to give us all seizures.

no rush to leave and we'll be getting there early. I saw the bridge across the street was on the roof level of the garage which is where I'm hoping to park. I'm just looking for the best way to get him to the handicapped section in 204/205. I don't need wheelchair access he can walk just fine, it's the crowd aspect. He has the tendency to get seizures and this game is probably going to give us all seizures.
I think the garage next door, which is a permit garage has the walking bridge. Just an elevator in the VA garage, to ground .

With all do respect to the old people mention, I sit with some real relics, and they never leave early.

We are in 309, and constantly yell "it's not over. Do you know who's gonna win? Why did you bother coming?"

I can't understand sitting there for two hours, yet not staying the extra 5 minutes to see who's gonna win. Why come then?

Befuddling to say the least.

We, folks, are the ultimate Orange fans. These people prove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom