Minnesota’s roster | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota’s roster

gmoney44

All Conference
Does anyone know if Minnesota has any impact players not playing in the bowl game? Anyone in the portal or sitting out for the draft?

Minnesota has no reported opt outs and 7 players in the portal including two defensive players on the two deep. Not a major impact.

not only is ibraham playing, but apparently kenny burns their RB coach who took HC at Kent State is coaching in the game.

I think this is going to be a very tough spot for us. Hoping for the best but don't like the match-up.

Minnesota is essentially built to beat us and their defense is nasty, but, and this is a big but, Shrader will probably be 100 percent. That is a huge variable, and if we can air it out that changes things tremendously.

Also they have no height in their backfield to cover Orande, looks like we might be playing pitch and catch all afternoon.

So even if we can’t stop the run, we put up more points we win (lol). Air raid time.

So Mo Ibrahim is playing? We're gonna lose by 30.
We handled Shipley well in a far less one dimensional Clemson offense on the road.

People are underrating our line and linebackers.

Losing Jahad hurts though

not only is ibraham playing, but apparently kenny burns their RB coach who took HC at Kent State is coaching in the game.
I have to agree. This is a bad matchup for us. Their strengths are our weaknesses.

We have a lot of our best not playing while for now anyway, it appears Minnesota has been able to retain almost all their key players.

I don't know why, but it appears this is a huge game for the Golden Gophers.

There is even a rumor that a couple of Minnesota All American players (which means that they played in the 1930s) have been exhumed by PJ and are also expected to get a lot of playing time tomorrow.

We might need a Christmas miracle to win this one. Let's see what the kids can do...

mummy_flag_football.jpg

Bowl games like this are simply exhibitions at this point. There are 3 games left in college football that mean anything. Minnesota kept their roster in tact where Syracuse has guys sitting out. Is what it is. Same deal when we played WVU a few years ago in Florida. both teams are trying to win that day but the actions heading into the game speak louder as to who is and who isn’t all in

look forward to seeing some fresh faces out there though to see what they can do. not going to read into much of any of it either way

As others have posted - Baaad matchup for us; plus missing players.
Would just like to see good, solid schemes from the new coordinators. And, maybe, see some potential contributors emerge at the skill positions. Allen, Hatcher, and Villari flashing in this game would be a Home Run.

We handled Shipley well in a far less one dimensional Clemson offense on the road.

People are underrating our line and linebackers.

Losing Jahad hurts though
Shipley ran for over 170 yards...had 6.4 ypc.

Going to be our passing game vs their running game.
Shrader's improv runs could be a deciding factor.

Most bowl games played so far have been terrible as far as quality of play. Too many opt outs and transfer portal stuff for my liking

Bowl games like this are simply exhibitions at this point. There are 3 games left in college football that mean anything. Minnesota kept their roster in tact where Syracuse has guys sitting out. Is what it is. Same deal when we played WVU a few years ago in Florida. both teams are trying to win that day but the actions heading into the game speak louder as to who is and who isn’t all in

look forward to seeing some fresh faces out there though to see what they can do. not going to read into much of any of it either way

Yep, it's about the kids that are there enjoying themselves as a reward for the season.

For the team, it's more about seeing what we have for next year.

I'll be rooting hard for a win, but won't be sweating it if we lose given the circumstances.

Tend to agree that Minnesota’s strength is our weakness, but they only stacked wins against some really lousy teams this year with that same running game. I think our now-heathy offense, with time to prepare, is going to give them some fits.

Not saying we win- but screw it, we’re gonna win.

Any chance Lockett is back? That would be a great help. The game will basically come down to if we can stop their run game, at least somewhat. Their Defense has also been one of the best in the country.

Any chance Lockett is back? That would be a great help. The game will basically come down to if we can stop their run game, at least somewhat. Their Defense has also been one of the best in the country.

no Lockett was an ACL, probably august before he sees the field again

There center is going to be a pro and a good one
Mo is going to be handful
I honestly don’t see how we win this one unless we magically figure out how to stop the run
It’s simple really, who do they have that can even cover Orande? Running the ball takes time off the clock, a healthy Shrader and Orande with the mismatches gives us an opportunity to outscore them. Our passing game is going to have to be air tight though.

There center is going to be a pro and a good one
Mo is going to be handful
I honestly don’t see how we win this one unless we magically figure out how to stop the run

I saw one AA team that had their C and RB as 2nd team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom