Minutes to gain minutes to lose | Syracusefan.com

Minutes to gain minutes to lose

20Plus

I’d like to open up a conversation with who has the most minutes to gain if battle leaves and who has the most minutes to lose if battle stays these answers do not have to be the same player if you think about it.

If Battles back I think Hughes may lose the most.

If Battles gone I think Carey may gain the most minutes because Howard will assume a little more of battles role and play off the ball aliitle more often

If Battle comes back he will lose minutes from this past year but he will be fresher and won’t have to play ISO on offense the whole game.

Carey is going to get double digits MPG at guard.
Hughes is going to be the 3rd Forward.
Howard and Battle will probably play high 20 to lower 30 MPG next year.

I’d like to open up a conversation with who has the most minutes to gain if battle leaves and who has the most minutes to lose if battle stays these answers do not have to be the same player if you think about it.

If Battles back I think Hughes may lose the most.

If Battles gone I think Carey may gain the most minutes because Howard will assume a little more of battles role and play off the ball aliitle more often
Spot on.

I mean we’ve been over exactly this a gazillion times already in different threads the past few weeks but I agree with some of these forecasts. Carey didn’t come here to ride the pine nor was he promised that, I bet.

I mean we’ve been over exactly this a gazillion times already in different threads the past few weeks but I agree with some of these forecasts. Carey didn’t come here to ride the pine nor was he promised that, I bet.
Either did MCW when he came here. I have no idea how the minutes will break out next year. I have heard Carey is really good. I have heard that Hughes is really good. I think Sidibe can be really good. And I don't have any of those guys starting if Battle comes back. Fortunately, we have a coach that is an expert at playing a lot of guys. Oh wait...

If Battle comes back he will lose minutes from this past year but he will be fresher and won’t have to play ISO on offense the whole game.

Ok battle is going to play 30+ if he comes back. Period. Not high 20s, barring injury.

Agree he loses minutes but thats a good thing. I bet battle would prefer not to have to play 40. It should help his game because he will be fresher and not get focused on so much by the defense.

Tyus will play 35 if he's back.

Frank will play close to 30, though the leash will certainly be shorter.

If Tyus comes back will we see Carey/Frank/Carey all on the floor at the same time

Battle, Oshae, And Howard will play around 30 mins.

All signs point towards Marek’s pt going up and Hughes having impressed a lot last year in practice. I think Hughes plays more than Carey though I thinn carey’s a stud.

Carey will be given plenty of mins out of conference, whether he sustains them or earns more/less is to be seen.

If Tyus comes back will we see Carey/Frank/Carey all on the floor at the same time
I think we will our best lineup might be frank Carey battle Oshae and Marek.

I think we will our best lineup might be frank Carey battle Oshae and Marek.
Maybe offensively, but JB's not going to like that lineup on D or the glass. If we're pressing or looking to push tempo, I agree with that lineup, but I doubt we see it much.

Hughes may be our third best player.

Excited to see how he’s developed, in 2018/2019

Battle, Oshae, And Howard will play around 30 mins.

All signs point towards Marek’s pt going up and Hughes having impressed a lot last year in practice. I think Hughes plays more than Carey though I thinn carey’s a stud.

Carey will be given plenty of mins out of conference, whether he sustains them or earns more/less is to be seen.
Dion Waiters only played 24 MPG in 2012.
We have no clue how the rotation will play out if Battle comes back.

Dion Waiters only played 24 MPG in 2012.
We have no clue how the rotation will play out if Battle comes back.
I dont think Battle’s coming back to be a sixth man 20-25 min per game role. If hes coming back its partially because Boeheim reassures him of his main role in 2018/2019. Dion didnt hAve the opportunity to jump to the NBA the year before he accepted being a 6th man.

I don't think there's a distinction between gaining and losing minutes because there are only two options, all else equal; playing time with Battle and playing time without. Any playing time lost with him in the lineup would be playing time gained without him in the lineup because there isn't a third, standard, option to compare to. Unsurprisingly, Hughes and Carey would be impacted the most. In my estimation, both would see about a 10 mpg swing.

Battle Stays (160 mpg PG-PF):

Brissett - 35 (F)
Battle - 30 (G)
Howard - 30 (G)
Hughes - 25 (F/G)
Marek - 25 (F)
Carey - 15 (G)
*Center doesn't change and neither Center will play any Forward

Battle Leaves (160 mpg PG-PF):

Brissett - 35 (F)
Howard - 35 (G)
Hughes - 35 (G\F)
Marek - 30 (F)
Carey - 25 (G)
*Center doesn't change and neither Center will play any Forward

The obvious assumptions are that Howard Washington won't see significant minutes and we're not adding anybody else to the roster. Both assumptions are likely wrong. Washington would be taking some minutes from Carey in both scenarios, if he gets PT. And we're almost definitely going to add a Forward to the roster. It's more likely if Battle leaves than if he stays, but likely, nonetheless.

***edit: anywhere you see a blank in the parenthesis next to the players, just imagine the 6th letter of the alphabet there. I haven't figured out a way to type that forbidden letter all by itself**

I dont think Battle’s coming back to be a sixth man 20-25 min per game role. If hes coming back its partially because Boeheim reassures him of his main role in 2018/2019. Dion didnt hAve the opportunity to jump to the NBA the year before he accepted being a 6th man.
JB played 3 guys basically 25 MPG that year.
Scoop/Triche started.
Dion would come in for one.
Scoop/Triche would start 2nd half.
Dion would finish the game for one.

Battle could go from 38 MPG to 29 to 32 MPG if Carey is the real deal.
Jalen Brunson won POY this year and average 19 & 5 in 31.8 MPG.

Our fanbase needs to realize JB’s methods aren’t normal and POYs can play low 30 MPG and still be studs and when it’s a big game adjust your rotation.

Scoop/Triche started.

Our fanbase needs to realize JB’s methods aren’t normal and POYs can play low 30 MPG and still be studs and when it’s a big game adjust your rotation.

You need to realize you said high 20s and that thats not happening.

You need to realize you said high 20s and that thats not happening.
28-29 is high 20s.
If Carey is a stud that could be in play some games.

I don’t see a difference between 28 and 32 that would just depend on the game situation.

Scoop/Triche started.

I dont disagree that anything between 27-32 mins is in play. No shot for 24-26 minutes though. I just dont see it, even if carey’s a stud. How many mins per game did dion and fair play their freshman years on that deep team?

28-29 is high 20s.
If Carey is a stud that could be in play some games.

I don’t see a difference between 28 and 32 that would just depend on the game situation.

Its a sizeable difference relative to a 40 minute game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom