Missouri has a offer from SEC | Syracusefan.com

Missouri has a offer from SEC

Consistent with what the okc and Clay Travis had heard. SEC wasn't going to invite Mizzou until/unless the Big 12 unfolded. Apparently a promise to the Big 12 by the SEC that they wouldn't take another one of their teams (we learned today that the SEC is very honorable when it comes to things like this). Now that OU and Texas basically put it out there that there's no hurdle for their respective Presidents to jump, they are free to negotiate with the Pac 12, and the Big 12 is that much closer to officially being history.

Kansas, K State, Iowa, Baylor, WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, UConn, Cincy, USF, Boise, TCU? 12 team new league?

Edited for TCU as the 12th, duh.

Aside for feeling bad for our friends in CT/WV/NJ, this really shakes out well for SU. We have a huge advantage in recruiting the NE now with Rutgers/WVU/UConn frozen out of the big four conferences for the time being. This aside, still hate to see these three in the situations they are in.

Aside for feeling bad for our friends in CT/WV/NJ, this really shakes out well for SU. We have a huge advantage in recruiting the NE now with Rutgers/WVU/UConn frozen out of the big four conferences for the time being. This aside, still hate to see these three in the situations they are in.

Rutgers, Shady has been running us down for years, UCONN will be fine.

Actually Mizzou to the SEC is bad for us on multiple fronts..

1) It takes WVU's spot in the SEC
2) It takes Mizzou out of the running for the B10...which opens a spot up for Rutgers.

2) It takes Mizzou out of the running for the B10...which opens a spot up for Rutgers.

I don't see how either of those are "bad" for us. Screw Buttgers... who cares where they go. If it's to the B1G to be a bottom-feeder, so be it.

As for WVU, I'd feel bad that they get left out of the big four for the time being, but it doesn't hurt Syracuse.

Not sure the B1G is rushing to make any changes right now anyway. Maybe if Notre Dame pulls the trigger they will offer Rutgers, but Notre Dame may drag it until the dust settles a little bit. They still have ACC as an option.

1) I guess its bad for our friends...not us. Still bad news though.
2) Rutgers in the B10 is bad for SU recruiting.

With the right coach, Rutgers "could" be a powerful program with their new facilities and fertile recruiting grounds...etc Too bad for them Shady doesn't know how to coach.

It would be better for SU longterm if Rutgers was shut out of the B10.

Bingo. I still feel ND/Rutgers to the B10 which will not be good. Gets ND and the other B10 teams even more in NJ and even more on TV there.

Don't see why the Big 10 will make any moves at all.

If it's not Texas or ND, why bother?

All the good prospects are being taken. SU and Pitt to the ACC, Mizzou to the SEC. Will UConn and Rutgers really generate an additional $40M+ for the Big 10? I have a hard time seeing it. Their TV contracts are as good as they can be as is.

I doubt the Big 10 will get caught up in a numbers game with the other conferences. There is no magic conference number. The Big 10 has probably maximized their per team dollar figure for the time being.

Now that a lock on the NE is out the window, why make any moves at all?

Bingo. I still feel ND/Rutgers to the B10 which will not be good. Gets ND and the other B10 teams even more in NJ and even more on TV there.

That assumes the B10 has to move on this or ND feels it has to move on this and the B10 is there conference of choice. The other piece is if the SEC only wants 14, then that might just shut all of this down...for now.

Yeah, until ND makes a decision I doubt the Big 10 does anything at all. Mizzou is probably the most attractive option out there for them other than ND/UT, but I would guess they let them walk too.

Jim Delany is a smart man. He knew Missouri would bring nothing to the Big 10 regardless of all of the media speculation and passed. He knows Rutgers brings nothing. I can see the Big 10 standing pat if ND doesn't join.

Why add more mouths to feed that bring little at-best when you're already printing money?

PSU said they could dominate in the b10 as well.. they started at a much higher spot and have fallen.

If the Big 10 thought there was value to bringing on Rutgers, Rutgers would be in the Big 10 right now.

I doubt they're going to bring them on as reactionary desperation from the ACC's moves. Doesn't sound like a Big 10 type move to me.

My worry is that because it was Mizzou, and WVU got rejected, does that mean SEC goes for FSU/VT/Clemson/Whoever from the ACC as numbers 15/16?

If the Big 10 thought there was value to bringing on Rutgers, Rutgers would be in the Big 10 right now.

I doubt they're going to bring them on as reactionary desperation from the ACC's moves. Doesn't sound like a Big 10 type move to me.

Let me preface this by saying you guys have a seat and that's a great thing, obviously. Needless to say I'm jealous. That said, no one will be reacting to the ACC moves except the Big East. The ACC acted in defense with the additions of Pitt and Syracuse.

Everything is being driven by Texas right now, just as it was in the spring of 09. If Texas goes to the PAC 12-16 as it almost did a year and a half ago, then all hell is ready to break loose. The PAC 16 will be set, then the Big Ten and the SEC will make there moves and I wouldn't assume the ACC schools are off limits, not by a longshot. 20MM (should that figure actually hold up) could be made up in a couple of years if a team moved to the SEC or Big Ten.

I think Rutgers is in a decent position right now if Texas bolts. If Texas saves the Big XII, we're phucked. However, if they bolt, this will put everything in motion and at the end of the day, despite our on field performance, either the ACC or the Big Ten will use Rutgers as the vehicle to showcase their respective league inside the NYC DMA. My hope is for the Big Ten, I suspect it will be the ACC, but I hope to Christ it's not something else.

So again, congratulations on finding a safe spot to land, you can watch the rest of this unfold in relative calm while the rest of us sweat out every tweet.

Meh. At this point I'm not worried about what other programs land so much, from a recruiting standpoint. We're now in an attractive, stable conference with brand-name opponents. We'll have more $$$ to build the necessary facilities. We're getting back on level footing with our geographic recruiting rivals. We'll also be able to tap into the fertile recruiting areas of the mid-Atlantic and Florida much more legitimately now.

If Rutgers is in the B10... whatever. They might get a few kids who's eyes light up at seeing Michigan or Ohio State on the schedule, but those are also kids that aren't good enough to go and play at Michigan or Ohio State. I have no concern that they will ever field a program that competes consistently... well in any conference, but certainly not in the B10.

And honestly, how could ND get "more" into anywhere or on TV?!

Let me preface this by saying you guys have a seat and that's a great thing, obviously. Needless to say I'm jealous. That said, no one will be reacting to the ACC moves except the Big East. The ACC acted in defense with the additions of Pitt and Syracuse.

Everything is being driven by Texas right now, just as it was in the spring of 09. If Texas goes to the PAC 12-16 as it almost did a year and a half ago, then all hell is ready to break loose. The PAC 16 will be set, then the Big Ten and the SEC will make there moves and I wouldn't assume the ACC schools are off limits, not by a longshot. 20MM (should that figure actually hold up) could be made up in a couple of years if a team moved to the SEC or Big Ten.

I think Rutgers is in a decent position right now if Texas bolts. If Texas saves the Big XII, we're phucked. However, if they bolt, this will put everything in motion and at the end of the day, despite our on field performance, either the ACC or the Big Ten will use Rutgers as the vehicle to showcase their respective league inside the NYC DMA. My hope is for the Big Ten, I suspect it will be the ACC, but I hope to Christ it's not something else.

So again, congratulations on finding a safe spot to land, you can watch the rest of this unfold in relative calm while the rest of us sweat out every tweet.

I agree with you, eventually Rutgers will be fine, just a matter of time but if things go the wrong way, you certainly could get left holding a bag of steaming dog sh!, stranger things have happened. That is the issue. most likely fine, if not then look out. If the SEC raids a couple of ACC teams and the ACC has to add two more the league will still be 100 times better than what the Big East has become. Big 10 would be ideal for Rutgers, and like most have said BS internet stuff aside Rutgers will most likely land on their feet, Big 10 or ACC